You can type here any text you want

Tires: Stock size or something cooler?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBOBULL

I'm throwing this out for discussion and looking for some constructive views.
I have an 87 GN. Bone stock, close to concourse level car. It scored 98.5 at a regional Buick show.
I currently have stock size tires on it. I'm kinda tired of just parking the car and looking at it. Time to have some fun.
So I'm thinking of trying on some bigger meats.
Here is the question:
Do I stick with stock size tires due to this car's condition, or go for something cooler?

Back in the day, the most common thing to do was to move to 235/60R15 all the way around. You will retain stock ride height, your speedo will be correct and the car will look period correct to most eyes. It's a subtle change, but will give you a little "meatier" look. You can also rotate them. :)

Back in the day, the most common thing to do was to move to 235/60R15 all the way around. You will retain stock ride height, your speedo will be correct and the car will look period correct to most eyes. It's a subtle change, but will give you a little "meatier" look. You can also rotate them. :)
X2, And if you want more of a (meatier look) you can jump up to a 255-60-15,on the rear, this tire will be 1" taller than stock tho.

I think the 235's are a good way to go. As mentioned above, you can rotate them which helps a bit. The 235 and 255 sizes both offer a decent selection of drag radials for the rear too!

Back