You can type here any text you want

tires ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

foregn2

I'm looking to put some tires on gta wheels size 245/50/16 all the way around. Whats the best tire that isnt to expensive and is any1 familiar with any of these. Or any advice
Thanks

Cooper ZEON 2XS
Cooper ZEON ZPT

Dunlop Sport 5000 Asymmetrical

g-Force T/A KDWS
g-Force T/A KDW
G-Force Sport

Falken ZE 512 ZIEX
Kumho ECSTA 711

I will be running the coopers. They are VERY under rated, and priced right. Cooper is also trying to build a good following by doin just that. Good tires at affordable prices.
The KDWs/KDW2s are awesome, but loud, also very pricey. I ran them in 19" and 18" and got good mileage, and if I could get more for free, I'd run them in a hurry. If they do KDs, they are stickier in the dry.(The "w" stands for wet in KDW)
I have run Kuhmo 711s, and got very poor mileage (less than 10,000 a set is poor IMO).
I dont like falkens presonally.
What about Toyo Proxes line. They are real nice, but pricey in some cases.

I currently have Falkens on my truck and they are very nice. When they go out I will be doing the Coopers. They have come a long way and are affordable.

Hey thanks for the info. I was leaning toward Coopers and KDW but due to the price diff I may go with Coopers

I was wondering the same thing. How much are the Coopers in that size? Here is the Walmart site for BFG- http://www.walmart.com/catalog/tire...type=&tire_width=245&vehicle_path=false&year=

Sorry for the long address. Anyway, tire rack has the KDW for $146 shipped. Walmart has the KDWS for $139 shipped. The KDW is rated for 186 mph and the KDWS is 168 mph. I don't think I will approach 168 anytime soon. I also figured that the KDW, being more high performance, might wear out quicker. So I was leaning towards the KDWS at Walmart. FWIW, my local mechanic recommended Cooper about a year ago.

Order the Coopers Zeon 2xs $406 shipped to door. Going to give those a try. Will keep you all posted.

I ordered mine from a local tire dealer. $88 ea. plus tax. The ebay thread was cheaper, but I just decided to spend my money locally. Plus, if there is a problem with a tire, maybe they will take care of it.

Back