You can type here any text you want

tm kit and big wheel

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

national84

Heavy breather
I am about to order the tm intake and cooler kit in a few weeks, but want to also go witha larger turbo.. But obviously lag is a concern. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge or good theories on what turbo to go with??? Or even a combination of housing/compressor etc,etc.:confused:

If your sticking with the stock torque convertor - stick with a TA49/TE44. If your gonna go with a loose convertor pick a turbo that matches the convertor.

seeing as how the tm kit relocates the throttle body,if it was me i'd buy a used te-44 and let her rip.

later,sean

I'm using a TA-54 with a .85 exhasut housing on a 3500 stall AC 9" that spools up a bit too quick....

with a stock converter you may be good up to a TA-60. Dont be afraid of a loose converter though my 3500 is nice on the street.

TM & Big Wheel

In reference to the original question: would anyone have a list of progressively hotter turbos that fit hot airs, because what I've seen in the market place, everyone seems to focus on the i/c unit.
Also at what point (with turbo size) should the torque converter be changed.

Back