TNN/Spike TV is starting to suck...

Vendor Defendor

Out the window
today i had nothing better to do, the weather put a damper on plans that i had so i turned on TNN to watch those good old 'how-to' shows on the muscle cars... i turn it on and there is a show about rice rockets?! WTF? it wouldnt have been so bad if it just ended there... but then car and driver proceded with the same thing basically, with the 'Super Flea' competition... then a couple months ago, i was wathing horsepower TV or one of those shows and they were working on a Civic... i mean, has the whole world gone mad? maybe i should jump on the band wagon and be cool with a rice rocket!

-Neil

One thing on TNN that is really good is the Japanese show Most Extreme Elimination Challenge. It is overdubbed in English but they ad lib everything. Really funny and the people go through some physical thrashings during the show. Trucks! is the best of the bunch. At least he puts on real parts and goes into detail.

As for car shows, there are a few that are worth watching elsewhere.
The DIY channel has a '62 Corvette restoration going on Classic Car Restoration and another show called Weekend Mechanic.
Discovery Home channel has a show called A Car is Reborn about a Jaguar XKE restoration that is mint! The host is hilarious with dry British humor. Also there is a show called Speed Seekers that isn't bad generally.

They've had the rice stuff on for awhile ...BUT

on super2ner they are building up a supra and last week has a special on upgrading a turbo audi

pretty cool info

and today on HP TV they were building up some drag race car, about as far from rice as you can get

its all about comprimise

Originally posted by jon_we4
on super2ner they are building up a supra and last week has a special on upgrading a turbo audi
Super2NR TV is the better show of the two import shows...NOPI TV should just die a terrible death.

My beef with the import shows is the production of it. The producers must think I am a 5 year old! They stick in all of the bright colors, change from scene to scene quickly, use weird camera angles...dammit, stay in one place! :mad:

At least of Super2NR, they do tech stuff. On NOPI, all they do is BS about random worthless crap, like "t3h bUrn0uT koNt3sT". Then they spend the rest of the show on the bikini competition. Hey, I like scantily clad girls as much as every other guy, but when I am watching a CAR show, I want to see CARS! If I wanted to see half naked girls, I can go on the internet (and see some totally naked ones while I'm at it ;))

The thing that irked me about Super2NR was when they tested the EVO VIII and the WRX STi...some dude said, "This is going to be like the new Camaro vs. Mustang rivalry, except it won't suck:rolleyes: tool

But yeah, Trucks and HPTV are the best...I wish Shadetree Mechanic was still on, and Popular Hotrodding TV was awesome too, except they canned those shows to make room for very informative shows like NOPI TV :rolleyes: :mad:

http://www.spiketv.com/home/comments/

Tell 'em what you think, I did. Trucks is the best, HP TV is good, but sometimes weak. PHR was actually on last weekend, wish they'd bring that back. The Superuner show is pretty good, they don't just do Civic and crap like that. They cover imports, but usually the good ones. I just can't stand the way those guys talk. Speak normal English so I can understand what you're saying. People would have more respect for import shows if they could talk without trying to rap or something. NOPI's all about T&A, so that's not such a bad thing. The cars just get in the way. ;)

Speed channel seems to have some great shows, I get to see that at the in-laws when we visit. Makes me want to buy a dish.

I like all the car shows on TNN. Trucks is the best by far though, even though i'm not into trucks that much. I think TNN needs to run Dukes of Hazzard for about 12 hours everyday. Now THAT would be sweet:D

Even HOT ROD magazine is getting into the act!:mad: Ricers are slowly taking over the automotive world.:( Time to market my parts to the new crowd I guess. Bet they would love the electric exhaust cutouts so they can bypass their fart cans. .:eek:

Is it true that they made a financial settlement with Spike Lee over the use of the term Spike TV? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Captain Duckman
Super2NR TV is the better show of the two import shows...NOPI TV should just die a terrible death.

My beef with the import shows is the production of it. The producers must think I am a 5 year old! They stick in all of the bright colors, change from scene to scene quickly, use weird camera angles...dammit, stay in one place! :mad:

[/i]:rolleyes: tool

E-mail NOPI and tell them that you can't see anything due to the stuttering ,flickering colors, fade outs..... :rolleyes:

nopiman@nopi.com

Maybe they will go away or get better :p

Sucks??

Cure? Don't watch it.... that's what the remote is for.. to change channels....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by John Larkin
One thing on TNN that is really good is the Japanese show Most Extreme Elimination Challenge. It is overdubbed in English but they ad lib everything. Really funny and the people go through some physical thrashings during the show. Trucks! is the best of the bunch. At least he puts on real parts and goes into detail.

As for car shows, there are a few that are worth watching elsewhere.
The DIY channel has a '62 Corvette restoration going on Classic Car Restoration and another show called Weekend Mechanic.
Discovery Home channel has a show called A Car is Reborn about a Jaguar XKE restoration that is mint! The host is hilarious with dry British humor. Also there is a show called Speed Seekers that isn't bad generally.

MEEC is hilarious.

TNN was way better when they had bass masters, mesquite championship rodeo, Trucks and tractor power and american sports calvelcade.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh...I thought it was "SUPA TUNA TV" At least thats what the 2 slim shady's call it.;)

I remeber country music videos on the old tnn

the dukes of hazzard and dallas

the whole would of entertainment is gone to poop

have you seen that commercial.. i forgot the name of the show, but they show a bunch of rappers in the commercial, one of them even has a gold necklace of a 'spinner' rim... i think its called bling bling and gasoline.. where is this world going?!

-Neil

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge may be the funniest show I have ever seen. Whoever is dubbing the english voices on that show are geniuses! I have never laughed so hard. If you have never seen it, start watching it.

As far as their car shows go, I have just about stopped watching them. I just can't take it anymore.......that chick is hot though.