You can type here any text you want

To run I.A.C. or not?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cheeseburger

Currently i am not running an idle air control valve but have one here, is it a worthwhile change to run one?
It will involve me flipping over my throttle body and having to buy an aftermarket throttle cable and fab up a mounting bracket as most of you know.
I have noticed alot of guys used to not run one but run one now which is why i ask.

T.I.A.

If you want to idle at 1200 rpm cold or hot you don;t need it, otherwise i suggest you use one.

I like having one available for good cold start idling.
Once the car is warmed up if tuned well its not needed unless you have
a convertor to tight that brings the rpm down.

Thanks guys, i installed one but it is not working.
It's brand new, had to pull it out as i first installed it as i got it not knowing i needed to pull the spring outwards.
So after that i had to open the throttle blade to get it to idle but on the throttle follower screen when i bump up the iac numbers it does nothing.
It is also throwing a code on the xfi.
Is there a way to bench test the iac valve?
I was told the xfi driver could be blown but the xfi is new and i never had the iac plugged in before.
I did not plug it in with the key on either!
Any ideas?

I experienced this same problem with a brand new IAC. Had me puzzled for some time. I borrowed a known good one from a friends car .. problem solved.
I took my new IAC back to the dealer and they replaced it as defective. The new replacement works fine now.

George

I tried a couple used ones and got the same result.
I did not unplug the battery, can't see why you should need to when changing the i.a.c. unless the xfi needs to reset it self that way.
I talked to Cal a few days ago and he mentioned the i.a.c. drivers in the xfi possibly being blown, they must be awfully sensitive as i have not even put a mile on the new motor and just recently hooked up the i.a.c.
So much for running the i.a.c.!:rolleyes:

From what I heard, if you leave the key on and unplug/plug in the IAC, it blows the drivers :eek:

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I heard that as well, i can assure you i did not do that.
If in fact the drivers are blown, maybe possibly while the i.a.c. connector was tucked away it may have came in contact with something and shorted out ......that's about the only way i can think of how the driver could have blown.
Going to decide in the next couple days if it is worthwhile to mess with this any further.

Back