You can type here any text you want

Toluene

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nisnutz

Is anyone running toluene in their cars?And if so what are the results and is their any harm?Also what ratio are u using?

I used a 30% Mix of Xylene with 3OZ of Mystery Oil. 1/4 Tank of Sunoco 94 to m ix in with.

It allowed me to run about 3-3PSI more with my thrasher 92 Chip... was pushing aroun 22PSI Total.

Which Mans that based of a rule of thumb from some of our Dyno Guys 1Psi of stable boost equals about 12more HP. So, you figure I gain in the Neighborehood of 25 hp... All otherthings being equal that chould be about .025 sec and about 1or 2mph in the 1/4.

It is expenisive though, I suggest seeting it up to if you want to run it sometimes, have a seperate chip/fuel/and boost seeting on it. (Like turning up the boost a little, adding a few more PSI and putting in a 100Octane Chip) for those night when you go to the track or hunting some action. Then have a Base Fuel Pressure seeting/Boost Setting/and a 91-93 Chip to run on a daily basis.

I have to say that the Thrasher is the best chip for daily use. I haven't got the chance to try any race chips yet, but I doubt with the factory fuel system only hot wired I would want to through that much timing at my engine under 20+Psi.

Another thing to consider is the LC2 engines respond better to more boost than more timing on the norm. So, think about using the Xylene to get a little more timing and a lot more boost.

Back