You can type here any text you want

Took some photos today ... here's one

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

No this is not the display engine in the TTA brochure :cool:

Ready to go back into TTA no 1078 !!!!

Attachments

• TTA1078.jpg
    TTA1078.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 464
That is beautiful! Can you help with VPI contact info? And your coatings reference?

Thx guys, been a frustrating 2 years to get this far ... machining took longer than planned ... found the valves being bent, conrods gone south and a number of other hickups ... nothing that some more $$$$ could not cure :-)

Anyway back to the externals :cool:

All brackets and down to the valvecover nuts and washers been powdercoated satin black by a local company here in the UK.

Valve covers, up-pipe, maf pipe (not pictured) and the turbo head shield been powder coated silver by the same company.

headers, downpipe, cross over been cheramic coated by Specialized Performance Coating in Arlington, Tx on one of my bussiness trips out there. Quick turnaround and great guy (Mike) to deal with.

All hardware been swapped to ARP stainless hex bolts (and studs where applicable). I got a spread sheet with all the stuff I ended up using so will post when I cleaned it up slightly as it's a good reference for anyone that like to swap to ARP hardware.

Internally there's all ARP hardware as well from the main cap studs to the cam gear bolts.

Result speaks for it self, neadless to say I'm very please with it .... as long as it runs well when I fire it up for the first time that is :cool:

Looks great, but I dont think it will go in with the IC attached.

Unless i'm wrong :redface:

sweet pic! i'm saving a copy of that ;)

i think he was re-creating the gm pic ;)

car_89_ta_ttaengine.gif

Yep always wanted to do that at some point when I started with this rebuild ... engine in engine stand ... camera on tripod ... white background ... me holding the chains out of picture .... son taking the shots ... then some photoshop work to get a clean 100% white background :biggrin: Just like GM did years ago with the display engine in the TTA brochure.

Very pleased I must say :cool: Got about 100 photos or so of the engine in the stand like that ... also gave me the chance to trial fit everything before it all goes back in the enginebay.

Took off intercooler and brackets, starter, DP, coilpack and brackets, EGR solenoid and bracket, crank fan thing and started to get ready to prime the oilpump and make sure I get oil everyewhere before setting the cam sensor correctly and drop the engine back in place.

...more pics of the install!! ;)

Always take a lot of pictures :p Plan to drop it in place sometime in June ... just very busy traveling at the moment so hard to find the time to get the TTA sorted as well .... but it's getting there and I will share more photos as things progress :D

Back