You can type here any text you want

tool for rear wheel cylinder bleeders?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1quick6

Shadetree Mechanic
Is there a special tool to use with the rear wheel cylinder bleeders? A standard 5/16 brake bleeder wrench is too fat to fit into the well that the bleeder sits in. No parts stores had any ideas aside from getting longer bleeders that protrude from this "well.". I ended up taking a deep well 5/16 socket and fed aquarium tubing through it to attach to the nipple. I turn the bleeder open and closed with vise grips around the socket. There has to be a tool or a better way to do this. I am doing the traditional pump and hold with the tubing going into a bottle of fluid.

try a 5/16 or 8mm 1/4" drive deep socket

if your looking for a wrench that you can use a bleeder hose (poly line)
try this one , http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brak...t=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item3f00df7319

but when using the tube you really should remove the bleeders completely and teflon the threads
an easier way is get some russel speed bleeders that have a check built in, makes the one man deal easy

use the deep well socket to break it loose, and the hose to open it and close it while bleeding. once you are done bleeding, use the socket to tighten it back down.

Thanks, guys. I'll give it a go with the deep well just to get this done. I am going to take a look at the speed bleeders for future reference. :)

Thanks. I ordered the Russells from Summit Racing. They were half the price of the local O'Reilleys.

front = PN 639580
rear = PN 639520

I assume when bleeding the brakes with these speed bleeders, you just put a tube on them and pop open the bleeder a bit. Then, slowly pump and hold, release and repeat?

Back