You can type here any text you want

Tools needed front speakers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rmc123

I have my repacement front speakers and wanted to know exactly what tools are needed to get the dash pad out and speakers in before I tear it open. I also have two cracks in the pad on the vey outside screw holes, next to the speaker grills on each side( looks like they were tightened to tight, caused them to crack) These cracks are about 1-1/12 inches long. Can the cracks be glued or do you get a new dash panel? Thanks in Advance Rick 86 GN

All the screws are torx screws, I forget what size exactly. I'd recommend having an angle driver, it will make unscrewing them much easier.

All the screws are torx screws, I forget what size exactly. I'd recommend having an angle driver, it will make unscrewing them much easier.

I think I used #15 torx for mine. An offset driver works well.
hth
Jim

Pic Of Scew Driver

Skew Driver.....

Attachments

• SKEW.jpg
    SKEW.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 226
gary k, where can you get one of thoes.....? I looked all over Ft Myers got a flex shaft that will work, but that looks like a great tool! Thanks Rick

gary k, where can you get one of thoes.....? I looked all over Ft Myers got a flex shaft that will work, but that looks like a great tool! Thanks Rick

any stereo shop that sells BEST kITS (aamp of america tools and installation hardware/wiring) if you cant find one i can order you one $79 for the kit. there is a copy (cheaper built) for $39 i think.....

tool

The home depot in ft myers either dont knows it exists or they dont have it. That is the first place I went!..... What do they call it and what section did you find it in? Thanks Rick

no one carrys this tool.....ive looked locally for years.....once you find and use,its worth every penny....

kit comes with many bits,angled driver ,handle,two strait extentions,sockets...i use mine everyday.

heres a better pic of the complete kit

Attachments

• skew.jpg
    skew.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 194
I know Sears carries a Milwaukee brand one but it's friggin huge. I know because I ordered one off the website thinking it was smaller.

Skew Driver.....

I might be wrong but I think the skew driver is still too big to get the screws out for the dash speakers and it was not a torx screw it was a philip

Stanley makes this ratcheting 90 degree philip and the other end is a flat head. This is what you need.

Back