You can type here any text you want

Torque converter question...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
No the D5 designation was for the THM200-4R convertors. The only applications I have seen the D stamped on are THM200-4R,THM200,THM325-4L and some THM700-R4. The D5 has a different spline than the THM350C so they will not interchange. I think the turbo application is the highest stall available for the 350C. Eric Fisher

Fred are you looking for a converter for a Th-350? I might have a lead on a B&M 2400 stall speed.

Yep, ;)

I'm looking for better stall then the N/A's OEM T/C. The B&M is not for the THM-350C . It's for the the regular 350's. B&M does'nt make a T/C for the THM-350C.

I refuse to get rid of this perfectly good transmission that's on my Regal, (THM-350C). I figure I already have good torque from the engine, but the stock T/C sucks. It just won't launch. Any Ideas?

Yep! :)

Got any leads? ( I don't know what the stock stall is on mine but I did the brake stall thing and it maxed at 1800 RPM's).

I need a good launch T/C but not overkill. Any ideas on a higher stall for my 350C Regal.

I know Rich once wrote the max stall for the 350C is 1996 RPM. TCI makes one but max stall is also 1800. :confused:

Thanks Rich! It's a beginning....:)

Fred, keep me posted if you are able to find anything along my lines. I'm in the market for a new T/C for a lock-up type 350C with better launch potential. It's a street Regal with about 180 HP for now. :cool:

Well those figures don't seem to apply. All I have is four labels that look like a UPC bar code. They have a bold L7 stamped on them and number #8641696.

Anyone know what this means? :confused:

I had C5 on one. Everybody's an expert on D5's, but nobody knew a thing about a C5 or other numbers. Good Luck.

Oh come on Freddie, dump the 350 and install the 200r4...:p
Sorry could not help it. It's hard to find info on the 350C :rolleyes:
Jim

Well, well......

El Cheepo, (Jimbo the Great), has creeped out from under his 'T' type to share a few words of wisdom. :D (Boy I'd hate to see what your PC keyboard looks like). :rolleyes:

So now I have two members advising me to axe my 350C. Dude, It's the 200 R4 that's rare round this here swampland.

Tell you what.....I'll trade you my 350C and you trade me your engine. I'll take all 6 gazillion parts that are spread out all over your garage floor 'as is'. :eek: Oh yeah....and I'll even throw in an old Grateful Dead LP that we've used as as fresbie.... :p :D

Well it depends on which key board you look at, They are all acouple of years old. Uhmmm parts.....mostly in the trunk :D
You don't want my spare trans.....slip bang 1-2 & just a slip into 3rd and 4th early shifts.

Oh and the only time I had to climb under it was for the cross over and EVERYTIME I droped a wrench or ???? :mad:
I just stand in the engine bay, lots of room for me. :p

I've asked around here about your trans & TC and I get the same look when I tell them I have a carb.

STOP USING DEADHEAD LP's FOR FRESBIES....
Jim

Here's another application to look at. 80 and 81 Corvettes used the THM350C. I dont think the stall was to high on them either as their engines put out less than 200 HP. Hey Freddie, if you want to make a road trip up north to Daytona I have a 200-4R out of a 84 4.1 you can have for$75.00. It's in okay shape but doesn't hold the compression brake on the 2 to 1 downshift and should be rebuilt. turbofish38@hotmail.com. Thanks Eric Fisher

Funny you should say that Eric. My family is spread out throughout Orange and Velusia county. Every so often I'll go out for a long weekend to Deltona for some R&R. (With my '81 'Ole Betsy').

I'll keep it in mind. But I do want to keep my 350C.

Freddie I don't know how much longer I can hold the Title of El Cheapo. Started looking at HD cycles yesterday and talked to some one that wants to sell me a conversion for my car. It will have everything except the tank & fuel pump and maybe the cam sensor. I will go look at it this weekend.
I know.....I'm a traitor :eek: But I'm just looking

If your gonna do a conversion, do it to something cool. Not another Regal. Sell the '83 and get a ???.

Just looking Rich, He has a nice header system I want plus a 84 elbow and down pipe. I think that it will fit giving us a better down pipe without getting a custom one made. He has a moded 84/85 gutted intake and custom built a IC that seems to flow better than the 86/87setup. May work on a Camaro..hmmmm there's a thought.

Back