Torque spec rocker shaft hold-down bolts.

Imo

On production iron heads---I like to run a bottoming tap as far as it will go. There is some hole that is not tapped. Then buy a slightly longer grade 8 bolt with flat washer and torque to 25-30 ft. lbs. I believe book calls for 25 ft. lbs. But with a longer bolt I go 30.

Great picture of your Malibu--I have a heat only box that came out of an 80 El-Camino--know anyone that could use it?

Ive always done what Lee does and torque to 25 ft/lbs.

On production iron heads---I like to run a bottoming tap as far as it will go. There is some hole that is not tapped. Then buy a slightly longer grade 8 bolt with flat washer and torque to 25-30 ft. lbs. I believe book calls for 25 ft. lbs. But with a longer bolt I go 30.

Great picture of your Malibu--I have a heat only box that came out of an 80 El-Camino--know anyone that could use it?
Doesnt the heat only box require removal of the dash to install properly? Ive seen a regal with one myself.

Cool. Any of you guys know what torque spec to use on ARP head studs? I've got the studs instead of bolts.

ARP studs

I've always had good luck with studs on iron head--Top row @ 80 ft. lbs. with ARP lube and bottom row @ 75.

Good stuff. Does anyone happen to have the pattern I should follow while torquing the head studs? I attempted a search and came up with five hundred pages of crap.

Ran into a little problem with the lower head bolts. The exhaust manifold flange right at the left side of the center tube, near the number three plug was blocking the head stud nut. Oh, well. It was the same on the other side, also. Thanks for the help.