You can type here any text you want

torque spec?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlackMetal

What are the wheels torqued to on GNs? Hopefully getting my wheels from UPS tomorrow, want to make sure I do everything right.

Also, I'm going to be running wheel spacers that look like this:

wheeladapter_large.jpg

Should I torque those down to the hub as tight as I would the wheels? And then torque the wheels onto the adapter?

Also what thread is on the factory wheel studs? The wheel adapter came with nuts for 12x1.5". Am I going to need different ones?

torque specs

70-80'lbs is always a safe bet (I hope-'cause that's what all mine are torqued to).

b_rich24 said:
70-80'lbs is always a safe bet (I hope-'cause that's what all mine are torqued to).

Yeah I figured I'd just go with 80 and check them after the first 20 miles or so.

Anyone know about the threads?

Original threads are 12mm x 1.5, The Factory torque spec is 100 ft/lbs on original wheels but most aftermarket wheels ask for anything from 80 to 100 ft/lbs. You should absoulutely torque the adapters while someone holds the brake pedal down for you. I personally torqued my adapters and wheels to 100 ft/lbs. I have been working at a Sears auto center for 13 years now and they have the factory torque charts posted on the wall and want every wheel torqued so believe me I know the spec.

Good luck and I hope this is what you wanted to know

Back