You can type here any text you want

Torque specs...? Any help?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UR50SLO

The Reaper
This is a stock block engine sorry if I'm not quite in the right place for asking this question. I figured you guys that put together stage engines have seen just about every combo of stock stuff till you got smart and went stage ;)

Stock block with 2 center steel caps and a girdle. ARP Studs. What to torque the mains to?:confused:

JE pistons with Crower rods and ARP bolts (not studs) Torqe on them?:confused:

GN1's fully ported that have 14bolt pattern going on stock block with studs. What torque on them too. :confused:

Thanks for your input.. I'm ready to get this thing done now :rolleyes:

Transmission is coming in the next few weeks and I'd like to put it all in and together here so I can mock up intercooler and make a Down pipe.

Thanks again,
Scott~

I use

90 Ft. Lbs. with ARP lube. That's the spec. that was used when the machine work was done also.

Thanks~

Thank you for the information and links....

Lee: you use 80lbs on the main studs?

I can't realy use the factory Buick spec's since these are Crower rods and uste a different size. I'd guess the torque to be 65lbs

I just got done building my wife's Typhoon engine with Eagle rods with arp bolts that are similar to the one's in the Crower rods and the spec was 63lbs.

I've seen a few write-ups on Headgaskets too. The heads are fresh cut but not totaly mirror finish.. No lock wire receivers in the GN1 heads. Block is flat.
Stock bore .30 over

RJC Bullet proof head gaskets?
Felpro?
Any other suggestions?

Thanks again for your help,
Scott~

Didn't read very closely

90 on the main studs
75 bottom row on ARP studs with ARP lube
80 top row
I just installed some K-1 rods and took them to 75.
Best of luck.

I would check with the manufacturer of the rods. Most manufacturers will always prefer a stretch length over just a torque figure. Sometimes rod makers can use a selection of different rod bolts (different prices) that use different torque and stretch figures.

Back