You can type here any text you want

Torque strap

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tom87GNX

Does anyone have any detailed pics showing the location in the frame where the strap attaches? Does anything need to be moved or removed to allow clearance for the strap? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't have a pic but it goes in the slot in the frame behind the front wheel. Shouldn't need to move anything for the strap to clear.

I don't know what you mean by "Torque Strap"
I thought a Torque strap is used on the alternator frame to hold down the engine.
Are talking about a braces for body frame?

That's what I'm referring to, I know it connects to an eyelet at the alternator, I just wasn't sure where exactly the frame side secured

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221608628378
$_57.JPG

Last edited:
That's where I hooked it up, thanks for the pic Earl.

How tight do I want to make it? I obviously don't want to stress out the eyelet or risk snapping the tensioner ear off.

I usually go '1 click' as soon as I see it pull snug. It'll take a set once or twice until the fibers find their happy place. You don't want it to do the job of the motor mount, just give it some extra support when it's loaded with torque.

If you go too tight, you'll see it in the rear view mirror and the car will feel like it has a bad wheel bearing from all the NVH getting transmitted to the frame.

When you are able,buy the one from RJC and don't look back.Far superior and is not seen.

Lol just about to say the same thing rjc plate bolts to the rear bell housing thats on the to do list i replaced my strap with a steal stud screw type setup than solid motor mounts wrk well so far unil it snaps the bracket anyway lol

i like there design it would make my life alot easier not constantly re tighting after every run

Get an HR Parts driver mount or the RJC one and don't worry about the strap anymore.

Get an HR Parts driver mount or the RJC one and don't worry about the strap anymore.
^^^This. The strap is just a bandaid until you change your mount. Which reminds me I have yet to do to do mine...

Back