You can type here any text you want

TPS response time?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Originally posted by v8zcar
I replaced my TPS and the reading on the dash changes much slower than the actual physical movement of the TB plates, like 5 seconds slower!
Is this a problem with the TPS? My previous TPS responded immediately.

How are you monitoring the voltage change?.

Different tools use different sampling rates.
Turbo Link uses the ALDL, and that has sample rate set by the how often the ecm resets the value in the data stream.

A handheld meter may have a sec sampling rate.

DS can be at 18x a sec.

If you want to watch stuff in almost real time, you need to use a scope.

Hmm, I see.
Well the voltage change on a voltmeter is instant. On the FAST dashboard, it's like a 5 second delay. I would understand this if my laptop were slow (which it is) the the previous sensor and same laptop showed changes immediately.

Also, I've seen many websites on monitoring the voltage of the TPS, jumpering A and B pins. I cannot measure the .49V to 4.90V change unless measuring B and C. I tried wiring the ABC in every possible combination too, and what I have right now (which is same as before) is the only one that works.

Owen

Are you using the "big" dashboard (the one that displays all the parameters at once) or a regular dash, with 8-12 parameters?

Try setting up your datalogging to be activated at 50% TPS, then when you activate it, you should have a good display of the TPS position on your screen that should react lightning quickly...

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

Yes, am watching the TPS readings change on the main dash (F9) as well as on the Throttle Follower graph. It's slow but it reacts. Can't say much more than that, just wondering if it's a detriment. My other TPS gave me lightning fast readings on the main dash.

Actual voltmeter readings on this new TPS are instantaneous though.

Owen

The "main dash" (F9) is very slow to update all the readings, it is trying to constantly update a ton of parameters at once so everything becomes really slow.

If you log the data, I think you would see that it is reacting instantaneously. Even better, if you make the TPS your trigger to activate logging, you'll see a graph of TPS position that will react even faster visually.

The ECU deals directly with the voltage readings, so there should be no problem there since they are also reacting instantaneously.

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

With more than 14 sensors being updated, we are forced to use a much slower communication mode and the sluggishness you are describing is the result. It's the way Windows works. If you watch a dash with 14 or fewer sensors you will see this problem go away.

OK that's what I thought. But I DID see my other TPS show
changes right away in the main dash too! I swear! :D
Everything's good and working now, thanks all!
Owen

Back