tps sensor reading?

wamatam

boost junky
i have a stock tps sensor on my car or at least it appears to be as it says AC on it well i dont have a scanmaster so i went out to check the tps with a volt meter and this is the numbers that were read off of it.

at idle with car off .002 and then with car off and throttle opened completly it wont go past 3.15V no matter what position i put it in it will not go higher then that value before hitting the stop that will not let it go anymore.

my question is that i had noticed the car was acting greaty at hlf or part thottle but when you would goto WOT the car just wouldnt pick up speed as it should could the tps be playing a part inthis since its not reading above 4.5V at WOT

i just wanted to get some feedback on this before i go and buy a new TPS sensor is my current sensor no good by the analysis given?

i haven't use a volt meter for this in a long time (scanmaster in the car now)
i would look up a wiring schematic for the TPS and it will show you which wire should have what value.
OR
"I think" you can ground one of the meters probes and use the other one on one wire at a time.
GNttype.org has all the schematics

just went out and checked i am only getting 3.88V to the tps connector plug not the 5V that i have been told so why am i not getting enough voltage to the TPS from the ecm?

i think that there isnt suffiecient voltage going to the sensor in the first place thus letting the tps sensor only put out a max of 3.?? cause there isnt more voltage then that going to it.

so basically how is the sensor going to put out 4.6V if its only getting 3.8V going to it?

i just read but it says the power going to the tps sesnor is on a circuit by itself the ground is shared with 2 other sensors but the power just come straight from the ECM could it be i need more Voltage to the ECM?

I assume you are checking the voltage between the "Grey" and "Black" wire at the TPS sensor. You should also be checking it with the engine running. Also check the grounds at the back of the head to make sure they are not loose or broken. You really should be using some sort of scan tool to read the TPS so you know what the computer is actually seeing.