TR and Gn exhaust tips

Mine GN came just plan .
I black rubberized mine the first week , and have keep it like that,reapplying ever 30 days.

So... no solid answer lol. I think I’ll leave em as aluminuzed steel.

And yes, they’re just slash cut pipes. Well aware.

My WE4 had some black on the tailpipes from the factory, it wasn't a good paint job that's for sure.

Then again it's a black T so....

The factory Paint job was waaaay better than Maco or Earl Schieb!!:p I know of a 16 mile GNX that still has the factory run in the passenger door.

The day after I brought mine home from the dealer I block sanded and buffed the car. With Laquer that could be done in a day and it looked amazing. Just not as durable as the new stuff and was repainted 8 yers later.

I have a feeling a lot of the black exhaust pipes were from some monkey in the dealership's clean up shop going at them with a rattle can.

you know... part of the ''dealer installed rustproofing'' upgrade.

No tips from the factory. Just a "slash" cut pipe.

I have a feeling tips is beings used to describe the ends of the pipes.

I have a feeling a lot of the black exhaust pipes were from some monkey in the dealership's clean up shop going at them with a rattle can.

you know... part of the ''dealer installed rustproofing'' upgrade.

It may have been the personal preference of the guys prepping the car or shop manager as to why it's so random.

Just speculation.

They all came painted black from the factory (GN & Turbo Buicks). As a mater of fact ... there appears to be two coats of black. 1st was sprayed right up to the exhaust hanger mounting point. 2nd coat up to the the bend about 16' up. I worked at a GM dealership when these were new & still do now. The quality of the paint often wasn't the greatest. Often it showed up off the truck flaked. I seen the clean-up guys steel wool it off to make it look shinny for the showroom. the Gardner reproduction exhaust is 100% correct as well. IMG_3441.JPGIMG_3443.JPGIMG_3444.JPGgardner.jpg