Track cost?

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
What does your local track charge you all for a typical "grudge" night of racing? What kind of condition is the track surface?? Our local track FINALLY repaved the surface and is upping the entry fees from $15 to $20 to race. Doesn't seem too high for a brand new track surface.

Ours is $10 but I would pay another 5 to have new pavement and maybe more paved pit area.

Bandimere raised it to $30 for test and tune nights last year. All day test and tune is $85. The last time I went to test and tune night there were 400c ars and I got in 3 passes. The last time I went to test and tune day, there were less than 40 cars!

did you say 85$?

wow what a rip off..

$15 here at any of the the local 8th mile.. i think its 25 at ennis but i dont remember.

The thing I don't like about KCIR is that you have to pay $20 just to get in, regardless if you race or watch. Sucks when you want to take your wife and/or your Dad + gas + food. Are all tracks like this?:confused:

buicks have big trunks :)

sneak a few people in!

the 8th miles are usually 10 to watch and 15 to race.. sometimes they dont charge to watch, since its test and tune and all..

The tracks here have different prices. Test and tune on Wed, Fri, and Sun is $18. The Sat NHRA points race is $45. This is at Baytown.

The IHRA track (1/8 mile) is $15

Take Care

They raised the price from 10.00 to 15.00 @ Orlando Speedworld. And I know that extra 5.00 won't go to fixing / repaving the track, which needs to be done. Greedy mofo's!!!!!

$35 at Atco Raceway in New Jersey yesterday for Buick vs Ford
Maple Grove (Pennsylvania) was $20.00 last summer for grudge racing.

as far as spectator costs go I think drag racing is the cheapest sport out there. Down here in Louisiana and Mississippi it usually cost $5 to $10 to spectate.... $20 for pretty big races. The food is damn cheap too. Get a soft drink for 75c and a beer for a buck. Nachos and burgers are like 3-4 bucks.

Other sporting events make me so mad with the prices. It's not that I'm gonna go poor from eating 7 dollar nachos and drinking 5-6 dollar beers but the whole principle behind getting ripped off THAT bad angers me.