You can type here any text you want

Track day funny

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fuzzyGN

Decided to take the GN out this past weekend for a little Bar-B-Q of the local horses. I know these guys pretty well and they know me a well so it is a friendly rivalry. They have all been working on their cars and wanted to "give it a try." I brought along 5 gallons of Whoop Ass just in case as I usually run pump gas. Slicks were loaded as well; old but still somewhat functional. The first race I lined up with a blown Fox body on slicks. I was looking more at the boost gage and not him but he rockets out of the hole. Damn. Let her rip and spun the slicks pretty good. By now he has a huge lead on me. As I shift second gear I start to reel him in and by the 1/8 mile I am passing him. I looked over to catch a rather estonished look of disbelief. Funny. I got the time slip and checked it out. He cut an almost perfect .501 light to my .650. Nothing like a tenth and a half headstart. His 60' was a tenth better too. Wasn't enough though. I ran a 12.90 to his 13.80. Got back to the pits and my friend cames over to give the grandstand report. He said the Mudstain crowd (they always travel in "support groups") let out a big "Ooh yea" when he got the jump and then started talking smack. Then as I motored past him my friend just said "HA" and walked off. A few ruffled feathers and deafening silence. The other driver came up and was all excited. He said, "Man that car is wicked! I thought I had you!" I thanked him and had the biggest smile. Unfortunately, later a modded Viper handed me a defeat very much the same way. Passed ME at the 1/8th. Oh well, cubic inches times two. Cubic dollars times ????? Not too concerned. Cocky SOB though. I guess it is time to install the 50's (30's now) so I can run more than 16 psi boost. Next time; Viper with a side of sauce.

Actually, I said "Bye" and gave a little wave. When they all looked at me, I just smiled and headed back to the pits. They were all silent...like someone just shot their horse. ;) Man that was great.

A blown fox body Rustang running 13.8? Don't get me wrong I'm NO Mudstain fan but that's SLOOOW. It's actually not much quicker than stock, what gives?

By the time Erik was ready to run, Russ had just gotten the slicks onto the Mudstain. It was the first run for the stang and by the end of the day he had turned a 13.16 and I can't remember the mph.

That's still very terribly unimpressive. I would expect at least mid 12's. Sounds like something's wrong with the car.

great kill:D... after some mods u will get that viper and rap him... u wait and see :rolleyes: :D ..

Mike

Back