Track Help - 12.2s Need an 11

Twil

Welcome to the DarkSide
Guys,

Here is my dilemma, I am trying to get into the 11’s on my Nitto drag radials (275/50-15). It seems like I am out of gear on the big end. I know the Nittos are just under 26” tall and I believe that could be my problem. My car runs 12.2s at 112 mph with a 1.8-1.9 60ft time. (Best run 12.26 at 112.77mph with a 1.97 60 ft) I have yet to get a strong run with a good 60ft together. I am leaving with 3.5-5psi of boost. See my mods below. Any suggestions for:

Air bag psi (Left and Right side)
Nitto psi (I have run as low as 15psi – seemed too low)
Should I shift into OD (I run in Drive)
Should I lock up the TC (I can add a switch)
How long should I do my burn out? (Wet or Dry?)

Also, am I out of injector or fuel pump??
My car leans out on the big end O2 = 715 – 730 at 113 mph (via scanmaster and Turbo-link)
With a 112 mph trap speed, do I have enough fuel?

TA49
Blue Tops
307 pump
Adj Reg set at 46lbs (vac line off)
Translator Plus and LT1 MAF (WOT Fuel +2% added – still seems lean)
Alky Injection

Sorry so many questions - Please help.

you need bigger, better tires....try ET Streets 28X11.5X15...at the minimum, get 275X60 BFG drag radials....best yet, get some real slicks and launch that thing much harder

I was able to run 11.7x when I had a TA-49 & Blue Tops but always used ET Streets or better and ran 1.7x 60' times..you should have plenty of pump and fuel

I run 24LBS of Boost - I launch at 3.5 - 5 lbs.

I have a set of MT ET Slicks 8.5 x 15 but I want an 11 on my Nittos first.

Brandon

boost

I have almost the same combination as you except for the stretch intercooloer.The person that had this turbo and Blue Tops before me said he was running out of injector at 23 to 25 pounds.Bruce

Bruce,

What are your times with that combo (similar to mine)???

Definitely lock the converter, it will give you about 400 less rpms.
The way you are winding her out make sure you have good valve springs

put 20 to 25 psi in the right side airbag.

Lock the converter!

Leave harder and you are guaranteed an 11.9X

Switch to 28" tires and you will run a 11.7X.

No other changes.

best time

I have run a best of 11.93.This was with the alcohol off and 110 leaded in the tank.I borrowed a pair of slicks.This was done with a sick transmission which is lazy shifting from second to third.I will have to get it rebuilt next spring.Bruce

FYI Nitto now sells 275/60-15 ~28" tall.
Also if you upgrade your injectors skip 009s and go to the 50s.

You need more power,unfortunatly you may blow the nittos off around the 100 ft mark when you hit full boost.I have achieved 7 teens in the 1/8 with them when the track and launch were right,1.790 60ft,the car is a 10.90s car though.:) Jim

Hey brandon

Listen you need to loose the nitto when you tryin to go for the numbers you want. I run for a street tire,but they aren't best hookin tire the drag radials hook real good , but the best is a et street or drag. I believe you change tires you will get your et u want, also changin inj. wouldnt hurt my car is steadly improved since i went to the 50s. randy:D

Wicked 6,

Who sells the 275-60-15 Nitto DRs?

Nitto has them on the website, but do any dealers have them?

TIA :)

Dude, hate to sound arrogant, but I average 1.85 short times on regular Remington street radial, you should be at least in the 1.7 range on those tires if not in the mid to high 1.6 range, heat um up and launch the car!!!! My car runs in the 11.70's on street tires and pump gas, with short times in the mid to low 1.8 range. Locking the converter will not improve times all that much, it is all in the beginning of the run you need, get the car to launch an 11's will be there all the time , good luck!!! By the way I have several time slips on real street radials with high 1.7 short times!!!