You can type here any text you want

Track results for 269

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sweet6

Did not touch the car from dyno session last Saturday. Here is the breakdown

23lbs
110 Octane
2-3lb launch
unlocked converter

60' 1.73
1/8 7.59@91.51
1/4 11.88@113.91

mods
2800 10" Neal Chance LU
GT3255
PP
50lb inj
Dutt neck IC
Walbro 340 w/hotwire
open dump
stock untouched elbow
MT DRs
The car did 2 other 11.9X passes. Others were low 12s from bad 60'.

I have never locked my converter at WOT. From what I have read it is debatable on what is picked up. I just had my trans done and don't want to take any chances on having it fail faster than normal. Maybe someday, but I did not have the wiring set up to do it and it is not programmed in my chip.

Sweet6 said:
Did not touch the car from dyno session last Saturday. Here is the breakdown

23lbs
110 Octane
2-3lb launch
unlocked converter

60' 1.73
1/8 7.59@91.51
1/4 11.88@113.91

mods
2800 10" Neal Chance LU
GT3255
PP
50lb inj
Dutt neck IC
Walbro 340 w/hotwire
open dump
stock untouched elbow
MT DRs
The car did 2 other 11.9X passes. Others were low 12s from bad 60'.
what were your highest dyno #ers?

365HP
390TQ

And that was last week. I drove the car home from the dyno last week and to the track yesterday. Did not touch the car in between.

Sweet6 said:
365HP
390TQ

And that was last week. I drove the car home from the dyno last week and to the track yesterday. Did not touch the car in between.

your times at the track look about right for your dyno numbers. Personally I think you should try locking the converter. It's going to cut down on your drivetrain loss top end, but it'll cause more heat in the tranny. I have mine setup to lock around 100mph and I ran a 12.2@115 on 21 psi with a 2.0 60'.

If I do lock it, I would do it around 90-100mph. I have heard most guys say that they pick up a MPH or 2 by locking it there, but no ET gain. Maybe when I run the car again I will try it. Not sure if I am going back out this year or not.

Sweet6 said:
If I do lock it, I would do it around 90-100mph. I have heard most guys say that they pick up a MPH or 2 by locking it there, but no ET gain. Maybe when I run the car again I will try it. Not sure if I am going back out this year or not.
if your picking up the MPH up top you should see a gain in ET. Since technically you should be reaching about the 100 mph mark at the same time if you're going to lock the converter or not since it's unlocked all the way until that point. But from there to the 1320 you're actually accelerating faster with it locked than you would with it unlocked picking up the extra couple mph and a little bit on your ET. I doubt it will really be a whole lot but I would guess between .05-.10 seconds, nothing too noticeable.

Sweet6 said:
365HP
390TQ

do you remember your AFR and timing? and was that pump gas or race?

Sweet6 said:
Timing was 26 degrees. AF was 11.8:1. 110 octane.
thanx - just tryn to figure out my tune.... dynoed my car for the first time and tryn to figure stuff out

Back