You can type here any text you want

Track results

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

postal

Peoples champ runner up
Made a few runs today with mixed results. Could not get the car to come out of the hole hard.

Best times where:
11.16@121mph with 1.60 60' and almost 98mph in the 1/8th
11.17@120mph with 1.62 60' and almost 98mph in the 1/8th

I did do a lower boost 50hp nitrous run. Boost in 1st gear was around 10#'s, shifted into 2nd and hit the NOS. Boost went to 20#'s. I ran a 12.58@115 with 1.98 60' :( .

Wish I would of had some of my good 60's today. 4 and 5 psi launches dont cut it with a 63 turbo. I also think its going to be tougher getting the fuel right for launching with these 72# injectors. I also did not get the 100mph in the 1/8th. Once I get the car to where I can launch hard and run 100 in the 1/8th I think Ill be where I would like to be.

This was the first time to the track on the new'er set up. So I guess I didnt do to bad. Up next is more break work for harder launches and a run or two with out my home made CAI kit hooked up (back to plain MAF pipe and filter) to see if its holding me back or helping.

Jason

Jason,

Awesome times!! To bad I couldnt stay longer I had a weding to go to. My brother and I check out the video I took ..its okay for th most part but sometimes it gets snowy. Checked it out it was the tape thank God it wasnt the camcorder. Well hopefully next time we go out i'll have my car. Your car is very impressive.

Denny

Why cant you build boost? Why brake work?

Thats the golden question. I feel like I have thrown money at these breaks lately and cant come up with the answere.
1. new master cylinder
2. cheap brake shoes and raybestos
3. bled the crap out of the brakes.
4. tried to make a proportioning valve bypass (temp delayed)
5. installed line lock to keep from heating breaks during burn out.

I got low 1.6 60's with 4 psi launches and I got 1.4's when I did 8 psi launches. I want to launch at 15 psi and go for 1.3's. This whole brake deal is driving me INSANE. I have big Ford F150 11" drum brakes. These have big drums and big shoes. I should not be having this problem. . I have posted a few different times asking for input on this but never get any answeres.

TIA: Jason

Did you replace the prop valve to a non-disc one? The factory TTA is a disc prop valve.Dunno if that makes a difference. maybe the shoes your using are just not soft enough? next time sand the shoes and pads and make'm tight.

Good times.. I'll quote my bud Grumpy..

"Cold air kits on these cars dont work"

Keep it up..at least your not running out of fuel.

Little by little.. :D

Hmm. I asked about the master cylinder when I bought my new one and it was the same reguardless of combo. I did not think to ask about the proportioning valve though. I have been fighting this issue all the way back to my stock rear with discs. I think theres a 10 second time slip waiting for me after a 12 to 15 psi launch (if it hooks).

Jason

The Camaro's and firebirds have drum rears.. go to the junkyard and cut one out. Make sure the master cylinder is on the car and fluid is clean...

If you dont have access, let me know..we have plenty of junkyards locally with plenty of those..

Just tossing an idea at ya..

HTH

Julio

You ever consider a transbrake?I love mine,never have a problem building boost even with a tight converter and TE64-1 turbo

Your definatly real close to 10's - another mph or two should do it,lowest mph I've gone on a 10 second run was 10.944@122.23 w/1.516 60ft.Then again if your able to get 1.3 60ft's it's a different story,I havent gotten better than a 1.490 but I guess thats a result of a TH400 1st gear(2.48:1) and 3.08 rear in a 3600 lbs car.

Good luck,
Steve

Not bad at all man!

As far as the brakes, put the rear on jack stands and see if the brakes hold the wheels in gear. This is a pretty common 3rdgen problem. There was a post on 3rdgen.org about this few months ago. I'll see if I can find it, had a fix in it.

Back