You can type here any text you want

Track Results

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bobtempest

Staff member
Yesterday was the DSM/Import/Domestic Shootout at MMP. I had alot of compliments from several DSM's on how they love & have never seen a TTA. They know were out there. Here is my only run that I could get any traction on, but I was the first one on the track so that might be why I got a little traction. It was around 89* yesterday.

Details of the run:
60' = 1.741
1/8 = 7.564
MPH = 91.96
1/4 = 11.819
MPH = 113.99

Rob Hinson, TTA# 1437
EMPTY WEIGHT: Stock
BLOCK: Stock
HEADS: Stock
CAM: Stock
TRANSMISSION: Stock, with transbreak (did not use) and shiftkit
TORQUE CONVERTER: 9x11 3200-3400 stall
DIFFERENTIAL: Stock
INTERCOOLER: Stock w/ Dutt. Neck
THROTTLE BODY: 62mm
RJC POWER PLATE: yes
INJECTORS: 009s
THERMOSTAT: 160º
TURBOCHARGER: TE44
VALVE SPRINGS: Comp Cam 911
MAF: Stock
DOWN PIPE: TH 3"
EXHAUST: ATR 3"
FUEL PUMP: Walbro 307
FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR: Adjustable
FUEL PRESSURE: 42
ALCHOHOL INJECTION: Alky Control Progressive
PROPAIN INJECTION: No
NITROUS: No
AIR FILTER AND AIR INTAKE: K&N w/ 5" inlet mounted outside the engine bay.
TIRE DESIGN, SIZE & AIR PRESSURE: MT ET Streets 26*10.5-16
AIR BAG(s): No
SUSPENSION: Stock
SCAN TOOL: Scanmaster
FUEL: 93 Cheveron
CHIP: Reds 107
CHIP TIMING: 24 --- 21 (I think)
KNOCK RETARD: 0.00
OXYGEN SENSOR VOLTAGE: 777
EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE: 1554
TRACK ELEVATION: ???
TEMPERATURE: ???
PEAK BOOST: 25 PSI
BOOST AT LAUNCH: 0 PSI
MILES ON THE CAR/ENGINE: 81k

I plan on getting a PT61 hopefully before Reynolds in November along with some good tires. Once the converter flashes out of the hole the little 44 just lights the ET Streets up. I love the PAC from Julio. He help me on anything I needed & just a sweal guy with an awesome product. I'll be getting him to put one together for my 92 AWD Laser soon. Any thoughts on suspention?

Thanks,
Rob Hinson

Congrats.. not bad for a kit you installed a few days ago.. when you learn to tune it in.. you'll pickup some more.

Cant help you on traction.. thats my achilles heel. :D

Note a good posi is a must, track prep as well. And learning to drive it.

Your chip may use some tweaking as well.

Very nice :) What rpm/boost are you launching at?

Only gets better from here :D

I launched on 0psi, brakes just would not hold. It was around 2200+- some. I tried lauching on the TransBrake once on 5psi & just got out of it due to so much spin.

A guy that I was talking with 99 SS has "Hal QA1 R" adjustable shocks in the front & they give alot of travel in the front & stay up for a long amount of time down the track. He has great results with those. And for him to be running on BF Drag Radials cutting high 1.6s thats pretty impressive. I cant find if they make any for a 82-92 fbody.

What would a PT61 do for my setup? I figured it would even out with my converter. BTW I have 55lbers in a box in my room waiting for a bigger turbo.

Thanks,
Rob H.

You really don't need the HALs. I was cutting 1.6x, with a best of 1.61 on my Nittos. Just a tubular panhard rod and tubular LCA's as the only suspension mods.

I would do a fairly short burnout as to not heat up the brakes. Roll to the line and start building rpm. I could hold it at 2800 by standing on the brakes and on the 2nd yellow, mash the pedal :) This would bring launch rpm to about 3200 or so and off I went. I have no idea what boost that was as I always went off the tach. But it worked out pretty good :)

The bigger turbo will make it come on at the big end of the track, assuming its tuned to take it.

The rear HALs would work on 3rd gen also. Don't think they make the fronts.

You may be surprised the 009's will work with the bigger turbo since your shooting methanol into the motor as a 7th injector. Just have to watch you INJ duty cycles and make those decisions. Plus the 55's need a modded ecm..rite?

22-2400 RPMs... hehe.. I would leave at 4k with my protorque. This new 3600 9x11.. hehehe.. as soon as the pedal goes down it slams to 5k :eek: talk bout traction issues..

You need to control spoolup.. at the same time try and leave with as much power as possible. And watch the track. There is a science to watching the groove on the track, followed by proper prep of the tires, proper prep of the track, etc... way different when our motors which make a lot of torque hit the tires with high boost. Especially a heavy car, with limited tire size. See the stock converter is a blessing in disguise.. since its so well matched to the stock turbo. It has just the rite lag built in.

Congrats Rob on that good run. It takes some practice to use the T-brake and hook the car up. Most when they start using the brake leave too hard.

Back