You can type here any text you want

Tranny doesn't want to shift until higher RPMs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Boston GN

Well, it didn't.
I'm not sure what happened. Was parked in a spot with snow all around. No shovel so I had to "forward-reverse, forward-reverse" my way out. Took about 5 minutes but i made it. Any northern folks will know what I'm talking about.
At any rate, I'm driving down the street and the tranny now doesn't want to shift out of first. So I drive faster to bring the rpms up, maybe about 3200 and it finally shifted to second...same thing happened to 3rd.
Thought maybe I lost fluid. Checked that, and gave it a little more (I have a small leak but stay on top of it). So that was fine. Drove about 3 miles to the restaraunt I was going to, parked and ate. About 1.5 hours later, came out, started the car and now it's shifting/driving fine.
Any ideas what happened?

The TV valve sometimes sticks on the 200-4R. No matter how clean you keep the fluid this happens once in a while. If it's back to normal don't sweat it.

a pressure test will expose a stuck or sticking tv valve.also if only one gear is late then suspect a sticking shift valve or a slipping friction element

Back