Tranny leak

WhiteTtype989

Ive been chasing a tranny leak for a while i found where its coming from . But i dont know what its called or how to fix it . Its leaking on the pass side .from the front of the tranny its coming out of a line its black plastic held onto the tranny with one 10mm bolt it forms a flange i guess you could say looks like theres a oring or something similar inside any ideas

thanks

It's the T.V. cable housing seal. Easy to replace. You have to disconnect the cable at the throttle end, remove the 10mm bolt, pull the housing out of the transmission, disconnect the cable from the T.V. rod, remove cable. The seal is in the case of the transmission. Just pull it out and replace with a new one. Reassemble in the reverse order. The hardest part is getting the T.V. cable to stay on the T.V. rod when assembling but it's not too bad.

Trans catalog says
part#54373A Cable Housing O-ring, GM Reference#358424
Part#54373B Trans Case Boot, GM Reference#25518260

Just to add. Inspect the cable where the bolt ataches to the trans for cracks. They will crack from being old and ovetightened. No o ring will seal this condition.

thanks for the tip no cracks seems like when the bolt is tightened the side without the bolt raises the tighter i go with the bolt hopefully im making sense . its longer then an oring like a rubber sleeve is this the correct piece ?