You can type here any text you want

Tranny Shop

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pace 1989

Anyone know of a good tranny shop in the Sarasota/Bradenton area?
Gonna have to rebuild soon, I can feel it slipping at the 2-3 shift and in reverse. I heard of one in Ocala, but it's difficult enough to get the wife to ok a tranny rebuild, let alone a two hour ride/lecture about how I need to get rid of this car.
Any help is appreciated.

Ken

A good idea is to call your mechanic or anybody you know in the autobusiness and ask who they would recomend. Call the shops recomended and get estimates. Whoever sounds the best,wins. Check out their shop make sure its up to par, and other precautions. Thats what I did when I had to get my tranny re-built in my Pontiac, just made some phone calls. I hope this helps.

-Justin

I had mine done by Victory in Ocala, so have some other faster cars. Take the time to drive up there and do it right the first time. I had mine done over 2 years ago and it shifts just as crisp as day one. He knows the cars and the transmissions. Dont go to someone who doesnt know Turbo Regals, period.

Scott

If Ft Myers is closer to you than Ocala, we have a good guy there that does great tranny work and we trained him to do our tranny the RIGHT way. If you wre interested, drop SWFLGN a note - he just had his done there.

Terry

Victory Trans in Ocala is not open since Rich got hurt he wasn't able to work and have the money to pay rent on the nice building he was in. I'm sure though once he heals up he will open again just like he did after the fire last January. Sorry you couldn't get it done by him because he did mine over a year ago and it stilld feels as nice as the day I picked it up. Keep looking around though.

I just heard on Saturday he was back up and working. Guess you could just email him and ask.

Scott

Steve at CRT transmissions has done a bunch of 2004r for us. He did mine, Lee's, Jacks, Jimmy's, Toms... he's quite good now :) and has a business that only builds transmissions for race cars.

He's in Clearwater, next to Sunshine dragstrip.

basic rebuild is like 600.00 but you have to pull it..Dont know if he's doing R&R of the trans. He has..but you'll have to call.

727-556-0090 and you'll need to do something about the converter..if its slipping, most likely has clutch material/debris in it..

Mines been in since June last year.

Julio

As Razor said he has done my tranny and I have been VERY satisfied with it. All 300 miles anyway. One thing I have to say about Steve is his customer service is outstanding.

Terry is right, if you want to drive to Fort Myers, we have a shop here that does great work. If you are interested, send me an email.

Mike

What is CRT's Hours? I tried calling and got an answering machine.....

Anyone know Victory Transmissions phone number??

Back