Trans am GTA wheel identification

GN HEAD

It's All About DA BOOST
I have found a 80s TA with the GNX style wheels, but the wheels are not on the car correct, one side has the wheel with more back spacing (less dish on outside...correct?) on the front, and the other side has that wheel on the rear. Which wheel is the correct front wheel??

The wheels with the most back spacing are the Trans Am rears. Word is the rears won't fit on our cars without the use of a spacer and longer studs.
HTH
Jim

Actually, the GTA rears WILL fit on a G-body, you just have to swap them: rears on the front, fronts on the rear. You may get some rubbing in the front, but only at full lock. And you don't need longer studs either way (well, unless you use a spacer).

You better use the spacers on the fronts.... I have done this swap and even with the 7/16" spacers i get a little bit of rubbing on full lock turns.. just be careful and don't go quite to full lock and you are o.k. .... use extended tip conical lug nuts and they will grab plenty of thread on the stock wheel studs.. you will need to drill out the lug openings on the front wheels to i think 5/8" to accept the conical lugs.... the overall effect of these wheels was a much improved handling GN. TBF