You can type here any text you want

Trans Am Nationals Aug. 26-28

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

72firebird

Just letting everyone know the 21st Annual Trans Am Nationals is coming up soon. It's located at the Dayton Airport Hotel in Dayton, OH. It's a pretty big show with a decent sized swap meet and vendor area. It's a fun weekend for the family with plenty of things to do. There's drag racing, car show, and a cruise-in. Here's the registration and some information: http://www.firebirdtaclub.com/tanat.htm If you have any questions ask them here, pm, or email me. This will be I think my 5th year attending and I hope to see more TTAs this year. I definatley expect some locals like Smiley out there. I'd like to get a meet for all any members going and go eat on Saturday afternoon and then go to the Tipp City Cruise-in at the same time so we can all park together.

ps - this is my first year entering the show - i'm assuming they will put all us tta cars together on the main lot like they had you last year? i'm guessing they do that to special edition cars so they don't get mixed in with the normal cars?

j13smiley said:
ps - this is my first year entering the show - i'm assuming they will put all us tta cars together on the main lot like they had you last year? i'm guessing they do that to special edition cars so they don't get mixed in with the normal cars?

No that was a one year thing. It was the 20th anniversary for the TA Nats and 35 years of the Firebird. The TTAs will be put in a Third Gen class. It's a tough class and don't expect to win anything your first few years. It takes time to learn how they judge and what they look for. I go more for the experience and learn many new ways to detail my car. Tech is a pain in the ass. They will let you slide on one minor thing (I got to go with a painted heat shield last year) for getting into stock class. However if you have one thing that shouldn't be there and really effects the appearance (on 4th gens putting the Trans Am stickers on the emblems on the doors) will bump you to Lightly modified. They're tough and know what to watch for.

I'll probably be in Modified, or atleast I hope anyways. I'll more than likely be the only TTA in modified.

I'll try me up with you guys on Friday but I'm unsure of what time I'll be getting there. What is QS&L? If I can't make it for that I will definatly try to find you to meet up with you guys before Tipp City on Saturday.

well that sucks, i was planning on having 1 car in the main parking lot ;) my '89 is not a showcar (yet)... but i figured i might as well bring them both. the '89 is at least rare and will be cool to have there.

and yes - i'm sure both my cars will get bumped out of the stock class even though i don't do any appearance mods :( whatever... i'm not going expecting to win anything.

qs&l = quaker steak and lube.... restraunt.

wish i can go...but working7 days a week call....

i hope someone snaps some pics and show on this forum...

btw..heads up for me on any clean TTA for sale.. :cool:

Don't worry I will be getting plenty of pictures and will try to host some for you guys.

Too bad you cna't go since we could cruise out there.

Maybe next year we could try to organize a Turbo Trans Am get together at one of either the Turbo Buick shows like the one at Indy next year or at a Trans Am show like in Dundee, MI , Norwalk, OH , or the TA Nats at Dayton, OH.

Back