Trans Am Nationals

72firebird

As most of us know the Trans Am Naitionals are getting very close. It was discussed before and seemed to be a good idea to meet Friday the 27th and go eat dinner and talk for a while. If there are people who are sitll interested in this or having a get together of sorts sometime through the weekend now is the time to plan. On Friday I'm hoping to be getting to Dayton around 6:00 so if dinner sounds like a good idea lets try to make it a little bit later so we give more people the chance to come. Please post any ideas for a gathering and a time and place so everyone can decide what will be best.

does some one have details? i live about an hour away - my plan is to drive over there (i can meet up friday) but i can't stay the weekend :( (have to work) but i can do friday night and sat morning!

(assuming i get my dash all back together by then ;) )

yeah I can tell you most of the stuff from what I know from the 4 years I've gone, assuming it's still all the same. The show is at the Dayton Airport Hotel parking lot. There is normally about 500 cars each year with a swap meet also.

Friday is mainly registration and people cleaning their cars at their hotel and talking.

Saturday there is more registration and the actual show goes on, cars are judged Sat afternoon. Also on Sat there is an all pontiac drag event at a dragstrip somewhere outside Dayton, don't remember the name but I think it was a really weird name. Saturday night is a cruise in into downtown Tipp City. The streets are blocked and only Firebirds/trans ams are allowed in. The cruise in is free and the show is free to see but they charge for parking but it's a donation. Also on Saturday they normally have some sort of a seminar with someone big who specializes with Pontiacs. One year it was a GMHTP writer another I think it was the guy who ran the prototype stuff with Pontiac. It's always something pretty interesting. With the editor he talked about how dyno rating really work and things that you could get easy horsepower from and such.

Sunday is more show and the awards ceremony is aroun 4 I think normally. Nothing real special goes on Sunday normally.

Overall the show is awesome and there's always something to do. Everything is normally pretty well planned out.

so if i want to take the tta and just hang out on fri night and sat morning - do i have to pay to get in? i don't want to leave the tta out in the parking lot - but i won't be there to actually enter the car show....

back to the dash wiring ;)

Ummmm well there's a few side parking lots that are like in the show but not really. There are cars for the show in part of the lot. Or I guess you could just park your car with everyone in the show in the morning and just leave before the judge. They won't really know you're not in the show or anything cause they just give you a card and not everyone puts the registratoin card in their window right away.

I was checking back in to see about meeting up. Been off the site for a little while. Any way, I will be up Friday. I am about 3 hours out of Dayton but plan on being there mid afternoon. My ideal time to leave is around 10. Stopping for lunch and fuel I am projecting around 2 PM Friday afternoon.

We can PM or e-mail numbers if you all like. I also carry FRS radios so if you have them we can swap channels.

As for showing up and parking. I think Friday you will be safe. Not a lot of people and they don't harp on parking with a class or anything like that. Now on Sat it is different as they rope off sections to the different lots and post people to controll traffic.

Brent

You could park in the show lot at night.. there are some spaces open at night ....Plus they have security there at night just for the show...

I'll have my black 89 Formula 350 there ...Plate # T TOP 350 names Tony come up and say hi !!!

we have 2 Pace cars in the shop (same owner) ones going to Bonnieville to shoot for 300 mph and the other one he wants to run 10.5s and drive it a ton .. C ya over there!!

There will be swap meet folks there on Friday as well.

Like I said, I will be in Fri early / mid afternoon. I am leaving my car at the show area this year. I know my hotel won't have space for my trailer so I figured I will lock it up in the trailer at night. Plus, as was mentioned, they have security.

White TTA (Duhhh) with a Kentucky (UofL) plate on it.

Brent

Im heading out Fri morning and hope to be there around luch :)
Unfortuneately no TTA for me(eng should be done this weekend i just wont be there, i dont win) I should have my 91 GTA with me thou.

Have to swing by and say hi to Bruce/Grumpy and have soem quality tuning issue times with him :)

Anyone want to set kinda of a meet time either sat for the cruise or say 11am at the Nats just so we can get together?

later
Jeremy

Im heading out Fri morning and hope to be there around luch :)
Unfortuneately no TTA for me(eng should be done this weekend i just wont be there, i dont win) I should have my 91 GTA with me thou.

Have to swing by and say hi to Bruce/Grumpy and have soem quality tuning issue times with him :)

Anyone want to set kinda of a meet time either sat for the cruise or say 11am at the Nats just so we can get together?

later
Jeremy

yeah that's what I have been trying to set up is a meet type thing. Unfortunatley not many people have seemed interested so I sort of gave up on the idea.