You can type here any text you want

Trans fixed.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

b4black

I got my car back from Jimmy's yesterday. (Jimmy is THE 200-4R builder around here). I had the HDS rebuild wich was $700 and good for 13.00 sec and up cars. Hardened stator, kevlar band, a shift kit and other imporvements. I also had a Neal Chance 7627 high stall convertor put in for another $350. Parts and labor for one year. Good deal.

It shifts HARD. It more than chirps the tire going into second. :eek: The speedo jumps from 35 to 50, then back to 40. The other shifts are crisp. I need to put some more miles on the car to see if I like the convertor. It might be a little too much. Jimmy siad the stock converter was a very common unit so maybe a D5 would be somewhere in between the two. And I need to soften the shifts some. Hopefully I can just play with the TV cable. Right now it chirps at part throttle, which makes the ricers think I'm racing. :rolleyes:

(PS - I be away next week fishin' in Canada :) )

Rich,
Is this on the 83? Did he say why the TC locked & unlocked while driving?

That is a very good deal...maybe I'll send my spare when I get all done with this.....may need it sooner than I thought...looking at a rolling 87

Yes, this is the '83. I'm pretty confident the TCC was locking/unlocking becuase I set the TPS too low. I moved it back up to 1.40 and it's not doing it. I want to install a test light so I know when the TCC is locked (instead of feeling for it or using the scan tool).

On my '82, the TCC will lock at WOT. It locks at about 25 MPH in first gear. I don't know if the '83's had WOT lock up or not.

I could not set my TPS above 1.18 or it would run to rich at idle, but this was probiliy due to the cracked heads,HG blown at #6, cam having 2 wiped lobes. When I get it back I will try to abjust it again.
Mine would only lock under light to WOT, at cruising it would unlock with the TPS set at 1.18.
Jim

Back