Translator+ ignition wire installation

RareT

The Thread Freezer
Translator+ spark wire installation

I have been using the standard Translator for 2 years. I kept the box stored in the area of the charcoal canister. I just bought a T+ and notice if I place my T+ box in the same place, the spark wire will just reach the ignition module if I run the wires straight across my power steering reservoir, inbetween the dipstick and oil fill tube on the DS valve cover. (Certainly this can't be the intended method of installation?) If I run the wire directly towards the firewall, the wire only reaches the windshield wiper motor! Personally, I think it would have been nice if the wires were 3' longer in order to do a neat install along the outside compartment area without making another splice.

What are you guys doing? How do you run your spark wire and did you have to splice more wire to it?

Ed

I just spliced more wire in there....I strongly recommend the plug and play adaptor :)

Originally posted by lburou
I just spliced more wire in there....I strongly recommend the plug and play adaptor :)

The funny thing is, I bought the plug and play adapter so I wouldn't have to splice anything. But it looks like I need to "splice" first......then plug and play.