You can type here any text you want

Translator Installed - Code 34 - MAF sig too low

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GangsterMD

Turbo'd since '95
I installed a 4" maf pipe with sensor, and a maf translator. Pretty basic install I think, just plugged everything in. I set the maf base in the translator to 9 (later switched to A for more fuel at idle). I have a TT chip which says on on on off for chip dip (yum) switch settings. The SES light is on and the code in the scanmaster is 34 which says maf sensor signal too low. Any ideas what I could be missing?
Thanks
D

with the key on, and the engine off, watch the airflow on a scanmaster or other scantool. Press the accelerator and see if the airflow reading changes. If you are getting an airflow signal from the translator, the airflow reading on the scantool should not change with throttle position when the engine is not running.

Generally, to get a 34 you have to have no signal coming from the translator.

Bob

Thanks Bob, I checked the AF on the scanmaster with engine off and sure enough it was changing with the throttle. So I checked the maf and translator wiring again and I found a problem. Cleared the code and fired it up and no more code 34.
Thanks again.

Well ummmm I had one of the plugs backwards :o I didn't reallize it was possible but with one of the plugs it is.

I'am having the exact same issue with my 4" maf pipe set up . I have the 6.25 translator tt chip setting at 9 on the translator . Did the key on engine off test af reading on the scanmaster goes up , but unlike the other guy my plugs only go one way !!!! I'am using the pig tail from my 3" plastic lt1 maf system to connect the translator to the maf !!! I'am thinking it is pinned differently ????

post a pic, but it sounds like a mismatched adapter.

Bob

here ya go

Attachments

• IMG_0536.JPG
    IMG_0536.JPG
    253.5 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0534.JPG
    IMG_0534.JPG
    250.1 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0535.JPG
    IMG_0535.JPG
    242.9 KB · Views: 144
If your stuck with that adapter I'll throw you a couple bucks for it.

Hey Bob I have the right adaptor on order from fullthrottle , they tell me Your the one making it is there any way to move the wires on the one I have ?

Back