You can type here any text you want

Translator Plus question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Way2QWK

Turbo Spooled by CORN
Turbo Bob.......

This may be a dumb question but,..... is it possible to just hook up the timing side of the translator plus and run the factory Maf sensor, so I have timing control only. As if I had just the spark translator unit itself.

The stock maf would be plugged in like normal, and the wires from the translator unit for the MAF would just dangle. The EST wire would be connected to the coil wire as usual.

Just wondering if this is possible.

you would have to supply power to one of the pink wires and ground one of the black ones.

It would work.

B

Will it know WOT based on the EST signal, or will base timing be the only adjustment?

Tom

The WOT adjustment will work fine,

It is based on RPM.

Bob

Will the dip switches need to be changed from the current settings as if I was running the LS1 sensor. Currently they are on,on,on,off.
Base settings are at 0
I wired power to one of the pink wires going into the box to come on only when the ignition is on. And ran a sutable ground to the black wire going to the box. Is there a way to verify if it is working before going to the track, or will it work regardless, if wired correctly like above ??

This will be sweet if this works and I have timing control for Vegas next week:D

Thanks Turbo Bob:)

The switches sound fine.

To check if it's working, I belive you can rev the engine slightly (1200 rpm) and give the base timing knob a spin to 10 degrees retarded and see if the engine slows down.

The Translator waits .5 sec to be sure you're done turning the knob before it changes the timing, you should be able to hear it. I don't recall if basetiming is active at idle.... but you could try it there too.

Bob

Back