You can type here any text you want

Translator Pro

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

84BuickGNYorkPA

Daily Driving Buick V-6 Turbo's 1979 - Present
I would like some opinions on whether or not I should go with the Translator Pro with the Extender chip. Let me bring everyone up to speed, the car is down now for a 208/208 cam and port and polshed heads swap, with porting of the exhaust and intake manifolds to match. The intake is off and starting to reassemble the intake(injectors). I have everything on the work bench to do the job but not sure if I want to fiddle with the tuning, thinking that the Turbo Tweak chip does a pretty good job by itself and it's a plug and play.
The set-up I got is for the 60# injectors and I have them also, like I said I have everything, just not sure which road to take and looking for opinions.
My signature is current and my goal is 11.50, I don't want a roll bar at this time, having three young boys... who love this car to death!

Chuck

I have it and love it! I have had NO problems and you have many more options when tuning.

Is it hard to get it set-up? Not the wiring, but the tuning program?
I want to see what gains I get with the heads and cam, I can swap out the Pro in the future.
Thanks for the reply, tell me more about your exsperiences, performance gains... etc.

Chuck

Is it hard to get it set-up? Not the wiring, but the tuning program?
I want to see what gains I get with the heads and cam, I can swap out the Pro in the future.
Thanks for the reply, tell me more about your exsperiences, performance gains... etc.

Chuck

There is some learning to do. It will do OK if you set it up like the directions tell you. That is a base line tune. I can not tell you what to change as your car is different than every other one. You will have to "play " with the settings, make some runs and go from there. Also go to Full Throttle Tech and read, read and read so me more. Then post your questions. There are way smarter people out there than me.

As for performance increase, I have no solid numbers. No time as I am stationed overseas and I drive it twice a year:mad: . It starts and runs great! Put it this way, I am very glad I installed it, no more Maft to mess with.

NO BRAINER BUT VERY IMPORTANT!!!! YOU CAN NOT HAVE ANY VACUUME LEAKS!! IT WILL NOT RUN PROPERLY WITH ANY LEAKS!!!!

I just relized you said translator pro. Are you talking Maftpro? If not disregard my post. Sorry!

Back