You can type here any text you want

TRCM for free

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

granatl

TRCM Author
I've decided to release a freeware version of TRCM. You can download it, by clicking on this link: TRCM Software

Here's what you get:
All the non-wizard functionality. You can open/save ROM images, edit them, etc. For most of the people that use this forum, this is all you would want anyhow.

You don't get:
The wizard, tech support, etc.

Some things to know:
I haven't updated the help file for several months, so some things are different.
I'm working on integrating functionality with Xtronics' Romulator. You'll see some references to it in the program, but they're blocked out. My Romulator should be here Tuesday, so I'll work on finishing that. I don't yet know if this will be available in the freeware version of TRCM or not.
I just packaged the download file minutes ago. It should install fine (assuming I didn't skip any files) on Windows 2000 and newer. For 95/98, you may need to download a patch from Microsoft at MSI

HTH. Enjoy! Donations are welcome.

I finally got a chance to test the "lower timing for 3rd and 4th gear" patch. It doesn't work. If I can get it to work, I'll release an update.

I just tried the link to TRCM Software and get the "This page can not be displayed" message. Did you take the page down?

I think it's been down for several days now.
I'm starting to wonder if they are having some serious server problems, because I can't even file a trouble ticket with them.

If someone wants to host the 5 MB file, I can e-mail it to them.

The link is now active again. Choose one or the other (the new executable is packaged in the first link).

Use this link (6.49 MB) if you have never installed TRCM or are having problems installing previous versions (make sure to completely uninstall previous versions first):
TRCM Freeware (Full Installer)

Use this version (1.25 MB), if you downloaded the program last week, and just want to update some minor bugs (and a couple of small new features). Copy this into your C:\Program Files\TRCM\ folder:
TRCM Freeware (Executable only)

What changed:
Mostly features that don't apply to the freeware version -- I did lots of working getting this program to interact with Transtronics' Romulator. I also started work on Auto Tweak.
Fixed a spelling error in the disassembler.
Added the byte fill to the hex editor.
You can now save ROM's (this might not have worked in last week's version).

JACK.....HELP ME OUT HERE....THE FULL TRCM INSTALL JUST HOSED MY W982ND MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never installed it before so I downloaded the full version and the install went fine except for it asking me to close msn messenger, ie. restarted now only explorer and one other thing is loaded in my system try, mcafee cant start, zonealarm cant start, msn messenger cant start.

I now get the following error messages when rebooting:
The COMDLG32.DLL file is linked to missing export KERNEL32.DLL:GetSystemDefaultUILanguage

VirusScan cound not start due to missing or outdated Avsynch.dll library. Please reinstall the product

error loading powrprof.dll a device attachec to the system is not functioning.

a device attached to the system is not functioning UNICOWS.DLL

What the freaking hell is going on???????????????

This is why I dislike Windows.

First off, I'm taking the link back down so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

I included the COMDLG32 file since I thought it might help some other people. I'll make sure to go back to the origninal way of not including it.

By the looks of it, your Virus scanner and "Unicows" (whatever that is) doesn't like the COMDLG32.DLL file.
You will need to pull this file from your WIN98 (or whatever version you're referring to) CD. This MS article explains what to do:
Restoring a lost COMDLD32.DLL
Make sure to substitute COMDLD32.DLL with your filename COMMDLG.DLL throughout the instructions.

I've replaced the "killer" version with a safer version. Just use the same link.

Jack,
Thanks for the info. I don't have a 98 disk as my pc only came with a restoration disk w/ 98 archived somewhere on it you can't find however I was able to extract directly from cab file 27 already on the HD so I'm back to normal.

Jack, I just wanted to let you know it installed fine on my Win2K machine. Also thanks for the opportunity to try your program.

My first impression is that its pretty slick! The screens certainly don't look boring. Let us know when the Romulator "hooks" are finished. (I just might have to get me one of those things.)

If its at all possible to add "file compare" I think it would be very useful. I can't keep track of my own chip changes so this would help me a lot.

Thanks Dennis! Is the "patched" patch available for the 3rd & 4th gear timing reduction?
Romulator is about 95% finished -- if you change a graph/grid/editor and the click update, it uploads fine. I just need to revisit the code for "many chips in one", like the 27512 and 27256.
I hit a stumbling block with Auto Tweak. I need the parameters out of RAM $00->$FF. Does anyone know what would happen with a Romulator if I issued something like this in the ROM?
$3000 LDAA $1F
$3002 STAA $3600
In other words, grabbing data from RAM, and then storing it into the data table (I know this will fail on an EPROM, but I only need it to work with ROMULATOR).

I have already started on file compare. It'll be integrated into the "Compare Positions" screen that's already there.

Jack, is it your intent to read $00 - $FF and write their values over some EPROM data or would you rather save them outside the normal data/code ($3000 - $3FFF).

See if Romulator will let you write them to $4000 - $40FF. The ecm and stored program don't use these addresses.

But, since I don't have one of them new fangled perkulators, I'm not sure what the address restrictions are.

Part of the mind game is realizing the address in the Romulator vs. the address in the ECM. So if I ask for $00 from Romulator, I'll really get $0000 from it's internal memory, not the ECM. Likewise, if I ask for $4000, it won't come from the ECM.
I figured that during Auto Tweak, I could use the table that holds the addresses of the bytes that get pushed out the serial port (most should be able to live w/o Scan Master, etc. during this time, since it's my intention to have the same info on the laptop screen).

Is the "patched" patch available for the 3rd & 4th gear timing reduction?

I just realized that I didn't answer your question (daa). I'm not sure what the "patched patch" is but if you want to reduce timing in 3rd and 4th gear, here's how to do it:

1 - The main advance table cells used during boost are reduced to the lowest value desired. This would be the 4th gear advance (or 3rd and 4th if you want them the same).
2 - Determine how many degrees of increase you want in 1st and 2nd gear. Enter this in $3270.
3 - Your code (in the boost portion) sets $66 = FF during 1st and 2nd gear. In 3rd (and 4th if the same), it sets $66 = 00.

If you want to, make 3rd gear a 50% reduction of $3270 amount by setting $66 = 80.

Jack, can you send me an email so I get your address? I have some TRCM suggestions. Thanks.

Back