You can type here any text you want

Trigger wheel sensor bracket

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ShawnR

Fixer of crap..
I'm adding a 36-1 trigger wheel to my build and needed to fab up some type of mounting bracket for the sensor.
The sensor has to be 6 teeth before the "missing" tooth. My mistake was putting the missing tooth right a the TDC timing mark. I mounted the trigger wheel to the balancer that way and that is how I had it balanced (so I can't really move it now).

Anyway, the sensor had to be in a specific location without a good way to mount it. This is what I was able to come up with. Once it is tightened down, there isn't any movement at all.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    916.1 KB · Views: 348
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 360
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    740.3 KB · Views: 343
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    820.7 KB · Views: 367
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    980.7 KB · Views: 409
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 336
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    892.7 KB · Views: 411
MS3 Pro EVO is the plan. I just want to get it to run, then I'll take it to a real tuner/ dyno to get things dialed in.

are you able to send the save template to me so i can have my local waterjet cut me one to fit my balancer?

I don't have the template, I basically just described it to the waterjet guy and he cranked it out in just a few minutes. First one was a screwup (teeth too long), but second one came out fine. I can get the the actual dimensions I used, or I can send you this one and you can hand it to him as an example. I should have been more careful about what tooth I removed and the location. I think the crank sensor is supposed to be 6 teeth after the gap (missing tooth). I put my gap at the TDC mark and that restricted the location where I could mount the sensor. In hindsight, I would have figured out a good place to mount the sensor, and then removed the tooth to make it all match up.

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 47
Back