You can type here any text you want

True bolt on roller rockrrs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Esasky's85GN

RACE ME WITH WHAT?
Gents,

Does anyone make a true "bolt on" roller rockers for stock heads for our cars? I am saying no machining, no longer pushrods, just take old ones off and put new ones on... Done!

Thanks!

Chris

Having issues w/ the stockers?? If not, why the need for the rollers??

Yeah. Stockers are noisy. Lot of play on #6 cylinder. Figured I'd go roller if I was going in there.

FYI...the Harland Sharp rockers I have fit with no special machining of the head required. However, in order to attain the proper lifter preload and valvetrain geometry, you may need different pushrods. Either way, if you have one lifter/rocker obviously noisier than the other eleven, something else is likely wrong.

One quik six your Champion heads are machined to clear thats what one of teh things champion does as well as porting and bigger valves, etc.

I think nylon bushings are worn. Car runs fine, just noisy rockers on #6.

One quick six, ur running the champion irons, correct?

There is nothing wrong with stock rockers. I have done alot of measuring on the stockers. Their true ratio is not consistent from rocker to rocker. I spent hours sorting thru my box of over 200 rocker arms to find 12 that were the best and the same. The rocker shafts should be upgraded for anything other than a stock cam. The nylon button keeps the rocker centered on the valve tip, if that is the problem it should be an easy and cheap fix.

Unless your nylon button is missing, I suspect you have another problem.

Dave,

Understood. Again, I have checked against all other rockers on that side. That is only cylinder with additional "play" if u will. Its not axial play but rather radial play. Lash isn't any different than the others. Maybe I will just replace it with stock ones. I am running a 206/206 cam. The stock shafts should be ok for that can, correct?

If you are removing the rocker shaft, I would consider the shaft supports, even for a mild cam. If you break a shaft there is a chance that the lifter will jump out of its bore and you loose oil pressure. I've seen it happen.

FWIW, I went with TA Performance shaft supports. Cheaper and you get all six, not just four pieces.

1415020303752.jpg

If you are removing the rocker shaft, I would consider the shaft supports, even for a mild cam. If you break a shaft there is a chance that the lifter will jump out of its bore and you loose oil pressure. I've seen it happen.
Me too. Too me. At least for now, I have the rocker shaft braces with arp bolts. The TA Performance looks like a good deal. I bought 4 new ones, from RJC, and 4(RJC) used from someone on the forum. Order the ARP bolts separately. Looks like TA performance comes with them.

Last edited:
Back