You can type here any text you want

Trunk pull down problems.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Louie L.

Habitual Line Stepper
Staff member
I just finished refurbishing the pull down latch to the TTA. When i picked the car up nothing worked. The plastic body was destroyed and so was the reversing switch. age was present. I suspected the reversing switch due to its condition. I replaced the plastic body,gear and reversing swich with all new GM parts. I used the Top down Solutions instructions.

As soon a it was connected the latch went into the up position and no further. Im now thinking the upper latch switch is bad too because clicking the switches arms does nothing.

Is there a way to test this swicth. When i push the lever the trunk light goes off but nothing else.

Any help will be appreciated. Please dont refer me to 3rd Gen .com. My head hurts from looking thru hundreds of posts about pull down units :eek: .

:mad:

Search 3rd gen.org :D

Sorry man.. simple assembly. my car has only 19K and it hasnt broken yet.. when it does i'll call you. I might have a spare trunk latch assembly I can send you if you need to compare on it.

I suspect there is an easy fisx....Has happened to me (with each TTA I've owned). Don't remember the trick, but I've seen posts here saying that top down solutions will talk you through it over the phone: 626-369-0040.

Good luck :)

Julio... :mad:

Lee,
I used their instructions. The whole assembly is put together correctly. Im just hung up on the latch switch..

One question for both of you... If you open your trunk ,the pull down assembly is all the way up...what happens if you depress the latch switch..(top most switch) Will the assembly begin to lower then return up when u let go of the switch? or will it go all the way down and stay? Mine does neither but i have never seen one work up close.

I have some spares I kept for my 10,500 mile TTA :rolleyes: :p

Attachments

• TRUNKtta.JPG
    TRUNKtta.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 51
Ive been emailing you for days ..NOW you show me this!!!. :mad: ... I need something else from you ! :D

Louie L. said:
snip....what happens if you depress the latch switch..(top most switch) Will the assembly begin to lower then return up when u let go of the switch? or will it go all the way down and stay? Mine does neither but i have never seen one work up close.
I think that is what I did to get into a predicament: I pressed that trigger switch and the latch went down and stayed there. If you don't have any response triggering the switch, I'd start with a voltmeter....Check the fuse too. Maybe its something easy :)

Louie L. said:
Ive been emailing you for days ..NOW you show me this!!!. :mad: ... I need something else from you ! :D

welll.... I was cleaning out and found them in a trunk of one of my parts cars :p oh ya ...something else already went out :cool:

Grumpy said:
welll.... I was cleaning out and found them in a trunk of one of my parts cars :p oh ya ...something else already went out :cool:
Thanks! Ill be bugging you again soon! :biggrin:

Back