Trunk Release

X

xcessiv

Anybody know how the remote trunk release is wired, I have a short in mine and wonder how the cicrcuit runs.

Is there a fusiable link or not?

Which fuse is it wired into?

86 GN

You are likely aware that it only works with the key on. I do suggest not testing it with a multimeter. I did and fried one. Test light only. I believe it is the ctsy/clk fuse.

If ya can't find the short, just run a new inline fused power lead from either a ignition hot or batt hot terminal of the fuse block to it.. If ya run it to batt hot you will always have access to the trunk opener whether the key is on or not:)

This is right. I forgot about that.. THATS another reason to hook it to a hot lead..

THANKS!

AWESOME!!! I just assumed that mine was broken, I didn't know you needed to have the key "ON" for it to work! That's kinda silly, but I'm really happy the thing works. Thanks for the tip! I'm gonna run it to a "hot" terminal I think, so it will always be on. I think I have a spare "batt" hookup in the fusebox SOMEwhere.

You can tap into the wire for the glove box light, and the switch will always be hot.

remember if you wire it hot all the time anyone will be able to gain access to the trunk. These are not the most difficult cars in the world to break into. I'd use a hidden switch if i was going to do that.

my trunk reales dont work either but now that i just found out u need the key on im gonna try that tomm i was rady to go and get a whole new unit! thxs let u no if that was it