KNOCK RETARD:0.0
OXYGEN SENSOR VOLTAGE:810-820
EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE:N/A
TRACK ELEVATION:10ft ?
TEMPERATURE:70 degrees
PEAK BOOST:18 psi
BOOST AT LAUNCH:2 psi
MILES ON THE CAR/ENGINE:79K

This was the first time out with this car. No tuning. All my tools were in the back including 12pack of pepsi behind my seat and converter wasnt locked. No spring cleaning yet and I left all tire pressure at a guess.

I prolly could have gone a little faster if I prepared to go, but I expected to spectate again. No GN's, No TR's or TTA's. So I was representing for the Turbo buick's .

Hope I can update this post again soon.

Bo

:D :D

Dang wish I would of been there pushing the car along..

Congrats.. at least its a 12 :D

Now get some tires and alky.. 11's.

Ya, my temp was @ 200 degrees waiting in line. I had nobody to help me push it so I drove it.:( I was hoping the usual TR and TTA crowd would show up but I still had a good time.:)

Bo

I still had a good time.

Had fun and didnt break nothing. You get an A+

Now get some tires and alky.. 11's.

You do that and you'll have alot more fun. The really cool thing about alky is you'll start ging faster AND be safer doing it. You might want to add a passenger side air bag also.

Jason

Postal,
I am going to get Razor's PAC system here shortly and also get some sticky tires.

I do want to run it again w/ more boost because I can run 20psi on zylene. I just wanted to be safe out there.

Just want some base runs and little more seat time to see what progress I can make.......( Baby steps ):D

Razor,
Lemme know when you get that motor back in. :D

Bo

Power plates and alky seem to be real good combos. I'm sure the progresive alky will be well worth the money, especially if you want to try to go fast. I feel like I'm spending money faster than I can make it right now. Once things settle down I'm going to call up razor about one of his controllers. Your probably going to want to run some more timing too. 18 degrees will be a little low with alky. Thats why I loved the T-plus set up it did great things for getting the fuel right from the start of the race to the finish and you could adjust timing.
Get that launch down to man. It is so damn hard to make up for a bad launch. In fact you really can't. It takes a big mph gain to knock a tenth off on the 2nd half of the track. It will only take a few tricks and tweaks to knock a couple of tenths off of you 60' though. Mph is fun and neat but Et's win races and braging rights. In fact a good launch can go along way towards an 11 second time slip. I made a pass once where my fuel was way out in left field and I only made enough hp to go like 110 or 111 mph. I still went like 11.98 or some thing like that. My 60' wasnt a crazy one either it was like a 1.56. You up the boost a couple of pounds and you'll see enough mph to go 11's, it will just be a matter of a good 60' AND a good 1/8th mile mph.
Ask some of the guys with more experience with going fast on pump gas what o2's to look for.
OXYGEN SENSOR VOLTAGE:810-820
My car ran like a pig with o2's that high. We have messed around a little with pump gas and alky with my nephews car and we where running about 780 and had no knock issues. Also get some input from razor and guys like him that figured out how to 60' hard on a stock convertor.

Good luck, trying to go faster and accomplishing it is fun.

Jason

I forgot to mention that on my old set up and race gas my car really liked o2's around 760 dropping to 720 by the end of the track. Runs I did at 760's where a few tenths faster than runs at low 800's with the boost actually lower.

HTH: Jason

Great points Postal, i've always worked on trying to get the car to MPH as high as possible, since this wins the highway challenges :) and the 60 foot while fun, and wins races at the track, our 9 bolts are limited. With a stock turbo and Nitto's I could cut mid 1.6's pretty regularly leaving at 2-3 PSI and flashing the D5. Car would run 12.1's at 110-111. On the bigger turbo, no way with a big converter, have to build boost then leave. Hopefully everything works and the pass is done.

The timing deal I have found some cars like it, others dont. The smaller/inefficient the IC, the less timing they typically like. My car is on the edge at 23 degrees and can only do 1/8 mile at that timing under heavy boost.. but now with the heads and cam.. those things are probably changed..so I wont know. Typically its a lot more forgiving to run 18-20 degrees timing.. and when thats figured out.. go increase it. Watching KR.

BTW... TTA1094 is alive as of yesterday night, broke the cam in, and them rockers sound sweeeet :D like a low level GRRRRRR in the valvetrain.