TT with GN Badging... Frowned Upon?

New member so a big hello first. I think i am getting an 85 TT that needs some love. Always wanted a GN and this is the closest i will get. So lots of work to do in the next years.

Anyway PO put GN stickers on the car to make it look like one. Is this frowned upon in the community?

Hello and welcome! Yes very bad idea to clone/badge. Let me change your mind about GN badging a TT. Your TT is a GN just a different color. There are FAR more GN's than TT's. Some parts from a GN or GNX may increase the value of your car though such as GNX style 16 rims, GNX functional fender louvers, GNX cluster, spoiler etc. Post us some pics and let us check it out!

I thought as well. Coming from the BMW community with people de-badging and making their cars look like M's. That also isn't looked upon well by purists. I am going to undo the GN badges they put all over the car and leave her as she should be. I am buying a car that needs some work against by better judgement. But i have a good bit of mechanical skill. As soon as i get her i will post pics. Thanks for the reply and kind words.

Well considering there is only 8500 production 84/85 hot air cars they are pretty rare. Many of them have been lost to theft,wrecks, rust and racing. Preserving them is in the best interest of the Buick community. It's just a shame that their values are half of what the 86/87 cars sell for. Drop me a line if you need help tracking down parts for it or need some advice.

probably have people saying you have a fake GN.

I was in the staging lanes at the drag strip once with my WE4 (black, black bumpers, identical to GN except for plain grey interior) and some guy walks past telling his friend about my "fake" Grand National. I tried correcting him but he just got red faced and walked away... I think I hurt his feelings. :D

probably have people saying you have a fake GN.

I was in the staging lanes at the drag strip once with my WE4 (black, black bumpers, identical to GN except for plain grey interior) and some guy walks past telling his friend about my "fake" Grand National. I tried correcting him but he just got red faced and walked away... I think I hurt his feelings. :D

Same has happened to me... black T type with black trim without any badges or nameplates and some douche at a cruise night commented it was a fake GN.

it's your car, do whatever you want... put some "Type R" badges on it if that's what floats your boat... or take all the stuff that points to it being a turbo car- hood, badges, etc- and just tell everyone it's a clean Regal with "just a V6" in it...

Every now an then I still have to explain that the 86 is the same as the 87...and then go into the 235 vs 245hp and intercooler thing, one of the reasons why I just got an 87. Life is much simpler. I can't imagine guys explaining the value of a hot air car let alone a T-type with GN badging.

For some reason I keep thinking of Roadrunner stripe packages on Satellites, I see them for sale and the first line is always "roadrunner badged". Maybe apples and oranges but who cares just make a good looking street rod. Although that Grand National badge with the checkered flag thing is sweet...I think you should have to pay for that privilege.:p

Same has happened to me... black T type with black trim without any badges or nameplates and some douche at a cruise night commented it was a fake GN.
You think you guys hear it, when I'm in my LeSabre GN I get some funny looks and an occasional "why did you put Grand National badges on that car". I tried explaining a few times, now I just say "it's my car and I like it this way".

You think you guys hear it, when I'm in my LeSabre GN I get some funny looks and an occasional "why did you put Grand National badges on that car". I tried explaining a few times, now I just say "it's my car and I like it this way".
Guess they don't notice the solid red 6 instead of the usual yellow/orange. Sticks out like a sore thumb. People always got real confused with the 87 LeSabre T-Type I had for years. Try explaining this car is why the Turbo Regal's name changed to Turbo-T.