TTA #396 and GNX #017 in this months Hemmings Muscle Machines!

phillyturbosix

Staff member
Well it's finally out! I got mine today. Feb. 06 issue #29 I scaned the 6 page article and uploaded it for everyone's viewing pleasure! Make sure you order one it will be collectable. First time 2 turbo cars are in Hemmings Muscle Machines! Click HERE and enjoy!

:cool: :cool:

I wish! Stratos (owner of the X) has an awesome collection of muscle cars. I wish that X was mine! When it was my turn to test drive it I was drooling! Lot of guys don't want to touch or mod the GNX's but I feel he did it with class. It was bone stock when he bought it and he showed me all the stock parts all stored nice and neatly away.. but man what a difference those mods made he did! That car rocked! :biggrin:

Thanks guys! I wanted them to mention the boards and some more info to read up on the cars but nothing. I also wanted him to hit on the the under rated HP of the TTA's but I think all in all they did a good job with it! :) It amazing how many people look at my TTA and have not clue what it is. They shake their head and walk away saying.. why would someone put a 6 in a GTA that comes with a 8. Then I see them on the street in their Rustangs and show them what the word "turbo" can do :biggrin:

Awesome car Jimmmmmmmmmmmy. Wish my TTA or T would make it to a mag. Did you get to keep the pictures not used in the mag.?

LOL thanks Jason! Your a nut! :) I wanted to get the set of pictures they took but they don't give them up. All I got was a Hemmings plate for the front! They took tons of pictures. There was allot of other pictures I thought they would use other then the ones they did use. I thought some of the ones below would be used for sure!

IMGP3127.JPG

IMGP3122.JPG

Here is a few behind the scenes shots..
This is Dan taking that Tach/Boost gauge shot on the first page...
IMGP3113.JPG

Dan getting that turbo badge shot

IMGP3110.JPG

And me when I was testing the GNX

IMGP3105.JPG

Awesome times! :cool:

Very nice car and article. I like how you switched cars and then gave your opinion on them.

Nothing on my 87' WE4 they shot two years ago? Those Hemmings guys. They photographed my car in feb 2003

Attachments

• front 3qtr Black 87 Buick Turbo T 021.jpg
    front 3qtr Black 87 Buick Turbo T 021.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 280
Oh....selfish me....I still cannot wait for the new issue to check out those nice rides....I still jealous though ;)

acoen said:
Nothing on my 87' WE4 they shot two years ago? Those Hemmings guys. They photographed my car in feb 2003

Wow beautiful car! Wonder what happend! They seem to run close to the dead lines. I mean they just shot these pics a few months ago. They still seem kinda on edge with our cars. I guess that's why they did the 3 car shoot :confused: They are more tuned to the big money like new older stuff it seems. They made some staff changes recently so who knows. Did you ever talk to your contact there? When they did the shoot with our cars they told us Feb of 06 it was for.

Yea, they shot my car during the first few issue of the magazine I think they were on issue 7 or 8 something like that. I have to be honest I sold the car during difficult financial times about a year or so after the photoshoot (the new owner and I have become very good friends...the car went to N.J). I will tell you the photoshoot was one of the highlights of my life. I wish I would have never sold it. I thought it would have been in an issue by now. They also shot a few other cars under my recommendation, a 1960 Impala convertible for Hemmings Classic Car another beautiful white Turbo-T owned by Wells on this board of course my WE4 and a 1978 Gold Trans Am. Two of which have appeared. I think you are right when you say that Hemmings has had its share of lead editors in its first couple of years of publication...I'm sure that has something to do with it. The editor who photographed my car Jeff Koch is a fantastic individual, unfortunately he is far removed from the home office....We are located in California. I was promised that my car would eventually print, but when they do not know. When they shot mine they just finished a buyers guide for the 86'-87' Grand National so they didn't want to piggy back another TR in the next few issues especially a black one. Jeff Koch was excited when Hemmings announced a Turbo issue in Feb 06', I think we both saw the writing on the wall when the big Turbo Issue promised had a yellow Duster doing a burnout on the cover. I haven't gotten my issue yet but I will in the next few days cannot wait to see your cars in print. The good news is that I purchased another TR about a year after I sold my WE4 a very clean 86' GN same as the 87' in original unmodified condition so I still keep my fingers crossed. I sure would like to pass along the magazine featuring my car to my son and daughter....I think that would be cool. I just have to be patient. Congrats on a fantastic photoshoot the gravel yard was a perfect location....BTW here is my current GN.

Attachments

• custom1.jpg
    custom1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 276
BTW....I have Brett Wallace and Richard Suddick of the GN Registry to thank for recommending my WE4 to Hemmings Muscle Machines. They are some good folks.....If you haven't registered your GNX please do so then apply for the Black Diamond Award a definite shoe-in. My WE4 was the first ever recipient. My 86' just achieved Black Diamond status. Get those Black Diamond Award applications in on both the TTA and GNX.....Gorgeous cars! :biggrin:

Yea that's crazy they never printed it! We were fighting for the cover and he said they would have put us on the cover but the overcast day killed that. Hemmings likes to have sunny brite pictures on the cover. Being the sun was'nt out that day he could not do it. But they tryed to work with the pictures. That would have been crazy to have them on the cover. Your GN looks great! I think next I want a low mile mint stock Limited or 87 GN but it's got to be loaded with the factory moon roof as well! I saw one GN with all the options under the sun with moon roof and I was in love with that thing. These cars are works of art! :cool:

Thanks for the compliments....They are works of art, you can thank Molly for that....I have always loved these damn cars. They were the hot ticket when I was in high school in 86'. As I mentioned before the gravel quarry was a great idea, I bet you came up with some good photos....How many did they take any favorites. I was shocked when I found out that Jeff Koch took nearly 200 photos Funny thing, my car was shot in the rain, can you believe that. I guess being on the West Coast Jeff doesn't have too much control on what gets printed. He told me he doesn't even know anything until it gets printed.

that was an awesome day. I'll remember it for the rest of my life... Just the ride up to New York state for the shoot was an experience.. Damn, just getting your TTA ON the trailer was an ordeal!! LOL heres some pics I took that day

IMGP3126.jpg

IMGP3125.jpg

IMGP3111.jpg

IMGP3104.jpg

FWIW & IMHO:
Rest assured, Aaron, that due to your locating leads for Jeff Koch, your car will make print long before mine does. I am sure that mine never will make print. Your's probably will. I had to eat the cost of a rear main seal and it's installation cost directly after the shoot. Jim, I am glad that your shoot turned out good and your car made print.

Thanks Gary.. I didn't know they did your car as well and it didn't make print. That's nuts. I was shocked how soon it ran from the time of the shoot. I talked to George the entire time from after the shoot till it printed (he's from Philly so we had allot in common and all the info I had to give him) but it seems those publications are ran on the edge of their seat. Just making deadlines and stuff. I think they take all the cars they have slated for that issue and if one don't fit in the way they like it gets put on the back burner.. but once your on that back burner you disapear into the mounds of cars they shoot. I could tell they are geared towards the older cars just from talking to them so I'm sure that don't help our cars much. I'm sure George don't want to talk about old cars they shot but I'll ask non the less. He comes to Philly allot and we became friends over the shoot.

Gary,

Jeff wasn't that hard on your car was he? He power jacked mine just a little and the ground was wet, but he didn't beat on it. He just babied it around. Your's should get into print as well, but it will be some time just like mine will especially after featuring that wonderful GNX.