You can type here any text you want

TTA down pipe Needed>>>>>>>>>>>

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Ultimate exhaust in Crystal Lake will make one for you. His prices are very reasonable. He is about to do mine from the downpipe back. It should be done either next week or the week after. His phone number is 815-459-3432

dvernst said:
Ultimate exhaust in Crystal Lake will make one for you. His prices are very reasonable. He is about to do mine from the downpipe back. It should be done either next week or the week after. His phone number is 815-459-3432
great let me know how it turns out...thanks Dennis :)

O.k. I will. I'm already impressed by him. He put my stock cat back on for emissions, and only charged me $40. Midas wanted $250, and told me my stock cat couldn't be reused. He quoted me a price of between 7 and 8 hundred to do a 3" mandrel bent downpipe back exhaust. It includes a flexpipe and everything. I hope it works out. I'm pretty excited.

BandAid said:
:) :) any update on this ..thanks
Actually yes. I dropped the car off yesterday, and it was finished today. He is charging me $750 for downpipe back to the muffler. I have not seen it yet, but I am picking it up tomorrow. I did have to sacrifice the stock downpipe though. He used the flange off of it. I will post again tomorrow after I get it back.

dvernst said:
Actually yes. I dropped the car off yesterday, and it was finished today. He is charging me $750 for downpipe back to the muffler. I have not seen it yet, but I am picking it up tomorrow. I did have to sacrifice the stock downpipe though. He used the flange off of it. I will post again tomorrow after I get it back.

So he re-used the stock elbow :frown:

I'm not sure yet. He said just the flange. I'll check tomorrow. Is there anyway he could use just the flange?

dvernst said:
I'm not sure yet. He said just the flange. I'll check tomorrow. Is there anyway he could use just the flange?

I think that Julio isn't understanding what your describing. I think he thought you were saying that he made you a new downpipe and a new exhaust, whenever I think you were just meaning a new exhaust starting at the end of the downpipe back or you could call it a catback with a test pipe kind of.

72firebird said:
I think that Julio isn't understanding what your describing. I think he thought you were saying that he made you a new downpipe and a new exhaust, whenever I think you were just meaning a new exhaust starting at the end of the downpipe back or you could call it a catback with a test pipe kind of.
No he did make a new downpipe. The guy has an excellent reputation. He does everything from motorcycles to cars. I think he would understand that by using the stock elbow anything after that wouldn't help me much. I will find out tomorrow though. He said he can do anything when it comes to exhaust, so if he did use the stock elbow I bet he could make a new one. I hope everything is o.k. with it. I'm tired of having people do work, and then afterwards i'm not satisfied. Anyway cross your fingers for me. This could be a reasonably priced alternative for people in the Chicagoland area.

if you can take pics ,that would be great,I will be his next customer if yo say the work is good ,pics please....
again thanks ... dennis :)

I have an old Accufab 3" S/S DP on my TTA that I purchased from John Pearcy (Johns Performance) that fits VERY well. It does however use the stock elbow which I plan to port out this Winter to improve the flow a litle more. I may get one from Razor depending on the cost but the Accufab Dp is a BIG improvement over thet stock DP to say the least. It does however need a flex pipe to elliminate some vibration mainly at low rpm.

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

That down pipe was made by Bob Sims from Action Fabrication. Not Accufab. Bob was the guy behind alot of the stuff that inproved the Buick and TTA engines. 3" DP, fenderwell turbo dump, 3" MAF pipe, 4" MAF pipe, Stretch intercooler. I can go on and on. He was there in the beginning.
Steve K.

BandAid said:
if you can take pics ,that would be great,I will be his next customer if yo say the work is good ,pics please....
again thanks ... dennis :)
O.k. the downpipe and exhaust turned out great. I couldn't be more satisfied. I will try to post pictures asap.

skturbo said:
That down pipe was made by Bob Sims from Action Fabrication. Not Accufab. Bob was the guy behind alot of the stuff that inproved the Buick and TTA engines. 3" DP, fenderwell turbo dump, 3" MAF pipe, 4" MAF pipe, Stretch intercooler. I can go on and on. He was there in the beginning.
Steve K.

Cool...I guess Action Fabrication got mixed up with Accufab some were in the mix over the years…I guess I need to change my signature now :cool: I think only one other guy on here has this DP on his TTA that I know of..."AKTURBOTA" I believe. I actually have 1 1/2 of these...one complete all the way to the test pipe (fully polished and on the car) and one just the top two pieces from the elbow down. Both very nicely made 3" S/S in excellent condition and NO dents :eek:

thanks for the info...that probably explains why I couldn't find any info on it :rolleyes:

-Scott

That polished one on the car is a bute! I have a few of these. Not polished though.
Steve K.

Back