You can type here any text you want

TTA Driveshaft and u-joints

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WHITE T

Baer Brake Systems
Guys,

Ok.. got my dad's TTA running and starting to bring it to the track every free weekend we have. The car has run 124MPH so far and I have a 200 tranny with an electronic transbrake I plan to start trying to really 60ft this car.

I have done some searching on the site but have not seen that much info on driveshafts and u-joints.

Has anybody upgraded their driveshaft? If so what did you use and how much was it?

If I just do u-joints to start does anybody have the spicer # for them?

Thanks

Just got my TTA, so I don't know what parts you would need. I'd love to know the combo and the current 60'. I'm assuming you were launching with no boost.

Hello,

Best 60ft so far has been 2.0 with no launch, rolling off the line. I have been trying to tune for MPH first as the car does not have a roll bar.

Combo is:
girdled stock block
comp roller cam (224/224)
JE pistons
ported iron heads
Crane solid roller lifters
harland sharp rockers (1.70)
TE64E turbo
Houston DP
ATR exhaust
Built 200 by Lonnie at Extreme Automatics
MAF Extender extreme

Oh and the most important.. PUMP GAS WITH ALKY CONTROL!!! :)

Thanks

as far as the driveshaft, I wouldnt see a need to change it. Most guys run the stock stuff. The Spicer U joints are a good idea when you start 60' that car. Rear will probably give before that tho. 9 bolt is weak link of these cars.
Let us know what goodies you have:D

How far can the 9 bolt go? My car has been 11.80's @ 122 mph and the previous owner broke the diff twice.

I went 11.30-11.50 on 1.5-1.6 60' for a year until mine went out. Now I didnt bracket race, but maybe 50 passes.Im not the only one either... 9'' is another route, but your talking some bucks.

What options other than a 9"? I can't see putting a Ford rear in my TTA.

I have a Denny's driveshaft in mine.. $500 .. have them in a few other low-mid 9 cars .. a 9" Ford or a 12 bolt are very easy to put in these cars .. the Dana 44 is just like the stock rear but takes a beating .. very hard to find !! :eek: ya I may have one for sale whenever I get my TTA back and rip out all the performance stuff :p selling the Dana or the 9" ... now all I have to do is get the car back:eek:

Back