You can type here any text you want

TTA Emission Requirements

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GTABurnout

I am looking at buying a TTA but I am worried it wont pass the Arizona Emmisions, The car is from a state where their is no emmisions. It only has a test pipe and the owner said it originally didn't have any air pipes or anything like that. So basically all it needs is a CAT? Any help would do. Please help I am confused on what the car will need.

There is no AIR injection on a TTA. The only real emissions devices are the EGR, vapor canister, and the cat. All the cars, no matter what state they went to had the same emission equipment.

My car passed CA emissions with room to spare. They keys are a good cat (many of the aftermarket generic "hi-flow" ones won't do a good job), and a stock thermostat. Most performance chips require a 160 T-stat which will make it more difficult to pass emissions. The stock T-stat is 180. Any of the chips with "open loop" idle probably will NOT pass emissions either, so use the right chip!

Thrasher also sells emission chips. I ran the stock chip for my test, I'm wondering how an emissions chip would have worked.

Someone in the General Tech got their 10 second GN to pass California smog a few weeks ago... very cool.

I live in CT and our tests are as stringent as anyone for measurements. You can easily pass with a 160 t-stat, but an emissions chip does help. The chip burners will raise the idle and delay fan turn on so the car runs hotter.

For NOX you will need a cat and most likely a healthy EGR system.
For testing, run low octane gas.
Otherwise, just a good state of tune.

Some people believe in additives; others don't. I found this stuff called RxP several years ago that did seem to make a difference. They used to have a web site - not sure if they are still around.

Where are you in AZ? If you have ANY issues related to turbo 3.8's, Nuck Micale is THE man in AZ. Nick's email:

ArizonaGN@earthlink.net

He's a great guy and has done a real lot for the Buick community. Make sure you guy this stuff called RMI-25 from him for your cooling system. You really need it, especially out there!

well the guy said he would give me an emmisions chip then with a new cat it should make it eh?

Do you have a scan tool? BLM readings around 128 are a good sign.

Hi or low fuel pressure could cause it to fail. Does it have an adjustable F/P regulator? If it has the stock one you should be fine assuming stuff like the plugs are in decent condition.

Back