You can type here any text you want

Tta Faq

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboTer

Zap! Commander
Are there any good Turbo Trans Am FAQ's out there? I've seen some TTA's that say "Official pace car" on the doors, and some that don't. Did they all come from the factory with these decals?

All the TTA's came with an "owner's kit". It was up to the owner to put on the decals-- official pace car and pontiac windshield banner. Also in the kit was a cassette tape, key chain, and registration holder, and letter. You might be able to find an owner's kit on ebay, but they are not cheap. I think somebody makes aftermarket "Official Pace Car" Decals. Try http://www.tta89.com for some more info.
~Murt

Originally posted by Murt TTA
All the TTA's came with an "owner's kit". It was up to the owner to put on the decals-- official pace car and pontiac windshield banner. Also in the kit was a cassette tape, key chain, and registration holder, and letter. You might be able to find an owner's kit on ebay, but they are not cheap. I think somebody makes aftermarket "Official Pace Car" Decals. Try http://www.tta89.com for some more info.
~Murt

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure if I'd want the decals on anyway. Kinda makes it stand out more which increases the chances of it being stolen. I tried that link but it doesn't work. Any other really good TTA sites out there?

try this link http://www.89tta.com i got it backwards.
~Murt

Thanks a lot. Very interesting, except one strange thing. It said it did 0-60 in 5.5 seconds, but did the 1/4 mile in 13.5. Is that a misprint? I would think it would be at the very least equal to the Grand National's 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.

I've seen alot of variations for 0-60mph and the stock 1/4 mile times... from 4.7-5.5 0-60mph and from 13.4-14.2 1/4 mile times. Maybe they didn't build any boost from a stop... but most people I have seen run around 13.5 at around 106 stock. They also rated at "250 hp" way under rated, 300 RWHP stock people have dyno'd at. I have a magazine artle with the TTA vs. the GNX shootout both stock with about the same milage back in '90. 3 passes the GNX won twice, TTA won the last race. both right around 13.4 and 13.5's each time. BOOST!
~Murt

I've seen alot of variations for 0-60mph and the stock 1/4 mile times... from 4.7-5.5 0-60mph and from 13.4-14.2 1/4 mile times. Maybe they didn't build any boost from a stop... but most people I have seen run around 13.5 at around 106 stock. They also rated at "250 hp" way under rated, 300 RWHP stock people have dyno'd at. I have a magazine artle with the TTA vs. the GNX shootout both stock with about the same milage back in '90. 3 passes the GNX won twice, TTA won the last race. both right around 13.4 and 13.5's each time. BOOST!
~Murt

Have you driven both a stock TTA and 1987 GN? I know the TTA is faster, but which would you personally say is faster off the line?

Anybody else see the post title and read it as such thinking that a TTA owner's masculinity or lack thereof was being questioned? That lower case q at end of faq had me going.:confused:

Originally posted by Evans Ward
Anybody else see the post title and read it as such thinking that a TTA owner's masculinity or lack thereof was being questioned? That lower case q at end of faq had me going.:confused:

The lower case "a" and "q" was either a mistake on my part or all the board would allow. Oh yeah, read my post in the Turbo Lounge where I stated I am leaning toward making a TTA my next car.

Originally posted by TurboTer
The lower case "a" and "q" was either a mistake on my part or all the board would allow. Oh yeah, read my post in the Turbo Lounge where I stated I am leaning toward making a TTA my next car.

I saw your post and sorry to hear about your loss with the fire in your GN. Hope you had an appraisal and good insurnace coverage. The TTA would be an awesome choice and they are greats buys now for some strange reason? I don't really understand why they are affordable due to the sticker price new, performance, and rarity but feel this would be the time to get in one as I'm sure their values will only go up. Would be a sleeper too with the lay public. Good luck!

Originally posted by Evans Ward
I saw your post and sorry to hear about your loss with the fire in your GN. Hope you had an appraisal and good insurnace coverage. The TTA would be an awesome choice and they are greats buys now for some strange reason? I don't really understand why they are affordable due to the sticker price new, performance, and rarity but feel this would be the time to get in one as I'm sure their values will only go up. Would be a sleeper too with the lay public. Good luck!

Thank you for the kind words. Unfortunatly, I didn't have fire coverage, so I won't get a dime back. I'll be getting a cheap car to get around for now, but by April I want my next beast, and I'm leaning toward a TTA, or possibly a Typhoon.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add, why are the TTA's so reasonably priced while the Typhoons are so expensive? They seem to average close to 5k more than the TTA's.

Seems to me that most of the people looking to buy an f bod cooled the market off a bit by buying the ls1 f body cars. From what I've read; less tempermental,more performance from a stock standpoint,get to bang gears,and the guys that dont really wanna spin wrenches dont have to cause they get low 13's and some high 12's outta their new car with a warranty.

Just my.02

New owner of TTA#656 t-top/leather 70k miles

TurboTer: sorry about your loss... that totally sucks man, that is terrbile. I have seen alot of TTA's on ebay and the want ad that are very reasonably priced... LS1's are great cars I have seen many run low 12's on just nitrous alone, but i think boost is where it is at. But as far as stock GN vs. Stock TTA, i think the TTA "feels" faster, you are lower to the ground, in a more aerodynamic car, and its sporty... they both have the same "turbo feeling" but i personally think the TTA pulls a little more then the stock GN, but both can be made quick and respond to the same mods, as you know. As far as the Typhoon scene goes, it is a different beast then the turbo buick, and a total different car. AWD, chevy engine. My friend had one and had a tough time getting it aligned and getting people to work on it. TTA is the same as grand national... relatively cheap mods, and GN parts available. Good luck with your hdunt, maybe you could ride in a TTA to get a better feel for the ride??
~Murt
89 TTA

But as far as stock GN vs. Stock TTA, i think the TTA "feels" faster

Numbers usually don't lie, but from personal experience. 3 months after my TTA was purchased new, I raced a friend in his GN. Both of us coming back from having exhaust put on (me just a flowmaster, him cat back, other than that both bone stock) On the highway I walked him from the instant we both nailed it, and at a light we were dead even for the first few hundred feet, arround 30 mph then I started leaving him.

But as far as stock GN vs. Stock TTA, i think the TTA "feels" faster

Numbers usually don't lie, but from personal experience. 3 months after my TTA was purchased new, I raced a friend in his GN. Both of us coming back from having exhaust put on (me just a flowmaster, him cat back, other than that both bone stock) On the highway I walked him from the instant we both nailed it, and at a light we were dead even for the first few hundred feet, arround 30 mph then I started leaving him.

Originally posted by trading t/a
Seems to me that most of the people looking to buy an f bod cooled the market off a bit by buying the ls1 f body cars. From what I've read; less tempermental,more performance from a stock standpoint,get to bang gears,and the guys that dont really wanna spin wrenches dont have to cause they get low 13's and some high 12's outta their new car with a warranty.

Just my.02

New owner of TTA#656 t-top/leather 70k miles

Those late model LS1's are nice, but the price is still so high. A 1998 T/A goes for like $18kl. Way more than I'd be willing to spend.

TurboTer: sorry about your loss... that totally sucks man, that is terrbile. I have seen alot of TTA's on ebay and the want ad that are very reasonably priced... LS1's are great cars I have seen many run low 12's on just nitrous alone, but i think boost is where it is at. But as far as stock GN vs. Stock TTA, i think the TTA "feels" faster, you are lower to the ground, in a more aerodynamic car, and its sporty... they both have the same "turbo feeling" but i personally think the TTA pulls a little more then the stock GN, but both can be made quick and respond to the same mods, as you know. As far as the Typhoon scene goes, it is a different beast then the turbo buick, and a total different car. AWD, chevy engine. My friend had one and had a tough time getting it aligned and getting people to work on it. TTA is the same as grand national... relatively cheap mods, and GN parts available. Good luck with your hdunt, maybe you could ride in a TTA to get a better feel for the ride??
~Murt
89 TTA

Thanks. I hope I can be a lesson to all to cary a fire extinguisher in their cars. If I would have had one, it probably wouldn't cost only $200 to fix, not thousands. The TTA definatly is faster. Probably about a half a second faster stock. I would love to ride in a TTA to see how it feels, but don't know anyone who has 'em. As for the Typhoon is cool. Dunno how reliable it is though.

Originally posted by 1BADDAM

Speaking of exhaust, how come it's so, so rare to see any third generation f-body with two mufflers?

Yo TurboTer!

I have not seen any official times on the 0-60 on the TTA, only tests from some magazines.
Tests depends on track conditon, weather and the driver.
As they tould you earlier the times where somewhere between 4.6-5.6.......so....5 flat should be ok?
The new 2002 has 325bhp and launch the 0-60 in 5.5sec.

And all the cars/owners didn´t get the ownerskit with the car.
Approx. price on ebay is $500 for the owners kit.

The TTA has a different head than the GN.

PS: Sign up to the TTA-maillist!:cool:

See ya around!

Back