You can type here any text you want

TTA good deal?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Warlock

I've been looking at every '87 GN in the country and I don't think they sold more then 4 of them in the westcoast because everyone for sale is in the east coast....anyway I really want a GN but found this TTA with 45k on it...it's a one owner AZ car and it looks like the left front fender has been repainted and the rear spoiler is starting to go bad...I can get it for around $11,000...does this sound about right and what is there to look for when buying one? Any info would be greatly appreciated...:smile:

PS...If anyone has a low milage GN for sale I'd like ta' know about it..

Attachments

• 600_1989_FIREBIRD_ANNIVERSARY_EDITION_003.jpg
    600_1989_FIREBIRD_ANNIVERSARY_EDITION_003.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 157
  • 600_1989_PONTIAC_FIREBIRD_007.jpg
    600_1989_PONTIAC_FIREBIRD_007.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 154
  • 600_1989_PONTIAC_FIREBIRD_009.jpg
    600_1989_PONTIAC_FIREBIRD_009.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 156
Get it. That is a good deal if it runs good and there are no major problems.

Jason

Thanks for the info...This will be my 1st turbo, how reliable are these cars? Not gonna be racing it just want a fast street car that I'm not F'n with all the time...

Well get on Turbo Trans AM.Com and you'll want to find out all the info on the car from Pontiac Historic Services Home they can look up what car number you have (if you get it) and some other info on the car. And last but not least you'll want to contact Eric Marshall at TurboTweak Home and get a chip burned for it. Also pick up a ScanMaster so you can see what's going on. IMO these cars are everything the Grand Nationals should have been. You have the performance of the turbo six in the proper body to make it happen! I love my GN but the TTA kicks it's a$$ any day of the week! :cool:

Thanks for the info...This will be my 1st turbo, how reliable are these cars? Not gonna be racing it just want a fast street car that I'm not F'n with all the time...

Dad daily drives one and it hasnt let him down yet. If you keep up the maintence, they last awhile.

Jason

If its the same one, I looked at it when I was in Tucson in November. It ran like crap, if I remeber correctly the interior needed work and the paint was horrible. The car was all over the road and needed front end work too. If I remember correctly, the owner was out of the country and the dealer had it on consignment for quite a long time.
In my opinion, it needed alot of work and wasnt well cared for considering the mileage. Inside the car was the paperwork showing it came from Virginia if I remember correctly. There isnt any owners box either. Definately not worth $11,000.00 IMO.
Again, thats assuming its the same one, here is photo I took while I was out there. You wil also notice the gold bird above the TURBO on the back is missing and was in the trunk.
Anyway, here is the photo, if its adifferent TTA than disregard the above LOL

Attachments

• IMG_0638.jpg
    IMG_0638.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 146
Thats the same turdbo...LOL!:D Well you just put a fork in that deal...Thanks for the info...I was supposed to test drive it tomorrow but ain't gonna waste my time now...I can't find a GN that hasn't been beat up or have rust on every nut and bolt...i would think for under 30K I could find one! Ohh well...the search continues...

Thats the same turdbo...LOL!:D Well you just put a fork in that deal...Thanks for the info...I was supposed to test drive it tomorrow but ain't gonna waste my time now...I can't find a GN that hasn't been beat up or have rust on every nut and bolt...i would think for under 30K I could find one! Ohh well...the search continues...

Where are you looking? Not the right places then unless you want a perfect one for 13k.

Jason

I have a 10,500 mile TTA coming up for sale .. motor and trans are out of the car . I will be selling as a roller, dragger, or maybe a driver :eek: Ill be posting as soon as the car comes back from the header shop. :eek:

I have a 10,500 mile TTA coming up for sale .. motor and trans are out of the car . I will be selling as a roller, dragger, or maybe a driver :eek: Ill be posting as soon as the car comes back from the header shop. :eek:

I thought you had the original motor sitting in the barn? Why not sell it with the motor, or put the motor back in and then sell it?

He just likes to tick off people Jared haha...People like you! Grumpy isnt stupid, he will put the motor back in and sell it for a pretty penny. Almost everytime I see him sell a GN he puts a time limit on it then puts the same stripped GN picture on there haha. I'm cathing on grump.

Jason

ya I have lots of pic's :eek: :p I just have a lot goin on here with Melissa's GN .. Her car should be ready to rock & roll soon.. old motor came out last week.. new motor is sitting in there .. should be running Wednesday.. took the old motor apart yesterday .. want to have that ready to go right away again .. Then I have the Mazda waiting for me .. the TTA is a really cool car but just time to move on ..we have had a "few" of them over the years .. like the wife says "how many cars do you need" :rolleyes: :eek: Really can't be bothered to put back as a driver ... figured someone will buy it and save some $$$ and put it back together themselves .. car has been in a climate controlled garage covered up so it wouldn't get dusty.. took off the covers a few months ago and it looks weird to see a new car sitting there .. well people ..hallucinate ..it's gotta go :p oh heres a pic :eek: hey a little soap and water it will be fine :p

Attachments

• TTA1.jpg
    TTA1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 113
Hi!
I guess there are a bunch of people who respect the performance of a Turbo Trans am. Faster than almost any other late 80s car, for sure.This is the way it was in 1989!

Hi!
I guess there are a bunch of people who respect the performance of a Turbo Trans am. Faster than almost any other late 80s car, for sure.This is the way it was in 1989!

you have to remember ...lots of people bought these cars as drivers .. they were "bones" at the dealers !!! they couldn't sell them .. lots have been abandon and still are sitting :eek:

Attachments

• MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 102
  • MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 105
Hi,
I own a TTA, and can tell you that it is one of the sweetest running,most responsive cars that were ever built. Especially in a situation where you want the pedal to the gas ASAP,these cars shine. They were built bad to the bone,and remain street screamers. My opinion, none other.

Grumpy is too lazy.. he needs motivation to get things DONE..

A little birdy told me this.. so it must be true.

He also needs a garden hose and some soap before taking dirty pixs.

:D

Back