You can type here any text you want

tta headers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

brendan

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I have a 1980 triumph tr7 with an 85 gn motor with an 86/87 intake manifold, headers etc. with a fmic. I'm contemplating using 7515 tta style fwd heads as I had to dent the crossover pipe slightly to fit into my chassis and they contact the steering shaft making another slight dent necessary. I have ebay crap headers now and would like to replace them anyway they don't fit all that well and leak on the band clamp used on the crossover. oil leaks from the exhaust valves i believe and smokes alot! I would like to use tta style heads because they have the exhaust valve seals they are narrower and would give me the clearance i need and i really want the different ratio rockers and would like to use higher pressure valve spring and use the fwd roller cam. I know about the 9:1 compression but i still have the 85 computer i assume the hot air tune is less radical and i have a fmic so i think ill be ok. has anyone compared the tta headers and the gn headers in person? is just the crossover unique? the flange looks the same and looking at the headers they look identical although the angle could very slightly?

The flange is different to the head. the bolt pattern is not the same. Pm grumpy

thanks for the info i have only seen the tta headers in pictures and at $700 a set that's probably as close as i will get. has anyone tried to make them fit using the fwd flanges or possibly slotting the bolt holes if they aren't too far off? also has anyone done the tta head swap. i read somewhere they have less bolts per cylinder?

wow... that goin to be tight !!! TTA headers are $$$$ !! I'd make the Buick ones work. I had to a little hammering but they did fit in an RX7 . A small dent here an there isn't goin to hurt it. Post some pics.

my images wouldn't upload my connection is too slow ill upload them when i get to school. its a fast little car it was up and running with a hot air motor but i wanted more and had to have the intercooler 3 years later im still finishing it up lol. i bet that rx7 is crazy too, it has to weight about the same as mine and looks like it has a little work done to it. are you saying you would just make the Buick heads work? i have the headers in now and i could dent them slightly just to clear but they are so rough inside im not happy with the quality at all although if i could find something to smooth out the insides i might keep them. think i should just use the exhaust valves from the fwd heads and machine for seals and forget about the roller valve train until i can afford aftermarket? has anyone found a valve seal that would fit around the Buick guides without machining if you didn't have a high lift cam i think it might clear. there's thousands of valve guide applications wouldn't you think one would fit our large od guide?

I'd stay with the Buick heads and the stock cam if it's good.. you do know you can do a roller cam in a Buick right ??

yeah i know you can get an aftermarket setup and Ive seen them use the fwd bit and aftermarket push rods and cam too. i just saw a fwd roller motor at the salvage yard and thought i might be able to solve all my problems with them for cheap but the headers were stopping me

Back