You can type here any text you want

TTA in GMHTP magazine....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I just picked up this magazine. It's the 10th Anniversary issue with the supercar challenge. Has quite a few good pictures of TTAs, haen't got the chance to read the articles yet though.

Good pictures and articles

Although I am severely po'ed that half the mag is reprinted articles from the past.

I have every issue since day one and now I got to pay to read them again, lucky me.

I like the magazine since it only deals with GM and injection, but I realy wish they would stick to real world builds and not go bonkers high dollar on everything they decide to "build"

later
Jeremy

Cool, ist that the December 2005 issue? I have to get 1 or 2 of them so please let me know, or anyone like to get me a couple and send them accross the pond?

I just got my copy.

Anyone else think that the TTA's 1/4 mile time is a little off??? 13.7? My old GN ran a weak 13.64 with only cold air and true duals. :confused: Of course, my TTA has a few more "extras", but I thought that 13.7 wasn't right.

davege said:
I have not received my magazine yet, but I read this link. Marv's hardtop history is similar to my cloth/hardtop. My build number is 1456 and it was originally bought in an auction through GM auto sales in late 89/early 90.

If you look closely, Marv's car is missing the Dash pocket emblem. My hardtop was the same way.

- Dave

When did you buy yours?

BTW: I go into Barnes & Noble, and I buy Two copies of this GM High-Tech and a copy of Car and Driver. I put them on the counter, and the lady say's: "Would you like to save 10% and put this on your Barnes & Noble card?"

I wanted to say: "Lady, I'm buying three car magazines. What makes you think I'm a frequent shopper to Barnes and Noble?" :biggrin:

Who Needs 8 said:
When did you buy yours?

I bought it two years ago. I am the 3rd owner of it. What is interesting I had tried to buy it back in 1990/91 a couple times and the dealer selling it, did not want to budge on his price, which was much higher than list on the car. So when the car resurfaced 3 1/2 years ago, I became interested in it again and persued it and was able to buy it in near new condition. :biggrin:

- Dave

Who Needs 8 said:
I just got my copy.

Anyone else think that the TTA's 1/4 mile time is a little off??? 13.7? My old GN ran a weak 13.64 with only cold air and true duals. :confused: Of course, my TTA has a few more "extras", but I thought that 13.7 wasn't right.

The car in the shootout is mine. I had my cloth/t-top car there too but a bad turbo kept me from running it. As for the 13.71, I dont know why the car didnt run as well as I thought it should. Last time I ran the car it went 13.68@100 w/2.10 60ft but for some reason this time out it was only going 97mph. Funny thing it seemed to struggle on the top end, scince my 1/8 mph was the same 79-80mph as before. I guess it didnt help that it was hot, humid, and raining most of the day.

Steve

TTA850 said:
The car in the shootout is mine. I had my cloth/t-top car there too but a bad turbo kept me from running it. As for the 13.71, I dont know why the car didnt run as well as I thought it should. Last time I ran the car it went 13.68@100 w/2.10 60ft but for some reason this time out it was only going 97mph. Funny thing it seemed to struggle on the top end, scince my 1/8 mph was the same 79-80mph as before. I guess it didnt help that it was hot, humid, and raining most of the day.

Steve

Steve,
That was a nice piece on the magazine. Your 0-60 time and 60 foots seemed decent for a stock car. I would have expected your runs would be similar to the GNX.

- Dave

3.8TransAM said:
Good pictures and articles

Although I am severely po'ed that half the mag is reprinted articles from the past.

I have every issue since day one and now I got to pay to read them again, lucky me.

I like the magazine since it only deals with GM and injection, but I realy wish they would stick to real world builds and not go bonkers high dollar on everything they decide to "build"

later
Jeremy

I liked the article on the Cloth Hardtop TTA. But then I am a little biased. :wink:

I thought I had read some of those articles before. I wish they would have stated an article was a reprint.

- Dave

davege said:
Steve,
That was a nice piece on the magazine. Your 0-60 time and 60 foots seemed decent for a stock car. I would have expected your runs would be similar to the GNX.

- Dave

Thanks Dave, I was hoping to be +/- .1 of the GNX but neither cars were running good that day. The turbo let go on my cloth/t-top car and for some reason still unknown to me my leather/t-top car was down 4mph from it's last outing a few years back. If it were running the same 100-101mph as last time I think it would have been closer between me and the GNX.

And I agree on the hadtop article, it was cool to see another one :cool: :)

Steve

TTA850 said:
I guess it didnt help that it was hot, humid, and raining most of the day.

Steve

I really was hoping you were giong to say that . . . I'd say that's 99% of the problem ;)

Trust me, down here in Tejas . . . two weeks ago my car was slow and sluggish, now it's cooled off 20 degrees, and it's a completely different Monster :biggrin:

You know their is nothing like driving one of these cars on a cool fall day! :)

- Dave

TTA850 said:
The car in the shootout is mine. . . .

Steve

Didn't you know they were going to take your picture for the magazine? :p That shirt looks as old as a TTA!

Just giving you a hard time. Who wears their Sunday-best to the track? Congratulations for making the magazine- good job.

The LT4 Firehawk didn't do very well at all. He did say he had little drag experience and the engine only had 834 miles on it though.

All in all, some of the cars performed as expected but it seems like the second half of the cars should have done a bit better (except the blue Typhoon).

They should have included a 1996 LT4 Corvette and 1995 Corvette ZR1 368. Maybe a 91-92 SLP Firehawk.

zerotta said:
Didn't you know they were going to take your picture for the magazine? :p That shirt looks as old as a TTA!

Just giving you a hard time. Who wears their Sunday-best to the track? Congratulations for making the magazine- good job.

Thanks :) I know I look like a mess but by the time that pic was taken it had already been a long day. Here's a few pics, I brought two of my cars there but my friends trailer tried to eat one of them which is why you didnt see it in the mag. That was the start of a long day lol

The two TTA's:
DSC00066.jpg

The damage:
DSC00933.jpg

Waiting out the rain under the tower:
DSC00936.jpg

Steve

Hey Steve!
Congrads on the magazine spread!
Sorry to hear about the car eating trailer taking a bite out of you one car!
I love seeing more than one 20th TTA together!
I wonder if the gas is effecting the cars now.
Getting close to winter, and oil production is down, I wonder if they are cutting corners?
You still beat my stock time without any modding.
hey, don't worry about how you look, you own more than one! ;) :biggrin:

George :cool:

TTA850 said:
Thanks :) I know I look like a mess but by the time that pic was taken it had already been a long day. Here's a few pics, I brought two of my cars there but my friends trailer tried to eat one of them which is why you didnt see it in the mag. That was the start of a long day lol

The damage:
DSC00933.jpg

Steve

Steve,
Dang.... That is too bad about the front end of your car. :mad:

- Dave

One thing I got a kick out of in that Hardtop article.
The author stated that all the T-Tops were lexan!
Wonder what happened to mine?

mr.turbota said:
One thing I got a kick out of in that Hardtop article.
The author stated that all the T-Tops were lexan!
Wonder what happened to mine?

George,
Are those tops of yours heavy? Must be getting weaker as you get older! ;)

I noticed that too.. One mess up in a TTA article is not too bad!

- Dave

Back