You can type here any text you want

TTA Intercooler Shroud?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jas89TTA

I just installed the intercooler shroud from carmotorsports.com and it fit like a glove installed it with no problems, just dropped the frt sway bar and was done.Great product. Now my question is my car did not have a shroud on it at all and the previous owner had a homemade air deflector under there for the radaitor. I pick up a new deflector and when I installed it, It blocks the intercooler shroud do I need to cut it to allow the air to get in the cooler better or is this the way it's suppose to be? I hope this makes sence, Thanks , Jason

Jason.,
You will have to cut the new front deflector to allow air to get into the intercooler. Unfortunately it is easyer if you have an old one to use as a template.

- Dave

Dave is correct, it's just a opening at the bottom as wide as the opening in the IC scoop/duct and the height is about 1"

I got my car at the shop at the moment (having SFC's installed) otherwise I could give you the exatc dimensions (lenght x height) of the cutout. And the cutout is cymetrical around the center line. Anyone else have the dimensions for Jason?

You can see some pictures of mine here http://la.rsson.com/frontspoiler/

By the way, any pictures of your new IC scoop installed? I have one waiting for me in my US office, will pick it up when I'm out there next week!

Thanks, Guy's thats what I thought but wanted to check before I did it. Sorry Jan no pics yet. I'll try to get some in the next few days. Thanks, Jason

Got my IC Duct from Carmotorsports.com earlier this week and one word describes it QUALITY. Looks perfect as far as I can tell, will install once I get started on detailing my engine bay.

If you need one I defenitly recommend you get 1 of the 100 they produced ......

Jan,
I bought one from Rich. I need to compare it to my NOS one and the one on my 4K mile Hardtop. Initail inspection, it looks very good. Comes in a very nice box.

Price seems very reasonable.

- Dave

Back